Sunset for your monitor to help you sleep
It’s not a unique or radical theory that light from our computer monitors could be disrupting sleep patterns. A study from the May 2003 issue of the Journal of Applied Physiology found that the bright light of a computer screen may alter the body’s biological clock and suppress the natural production of melatonin that’s critical to the normal sleep-wake cycle.
The obvious solution would be to cut down on the use of computers and gadgets before bedtime but the thought alone could terrify most modern gadget lovers. F.lux fixes this by giving your computer monitor a virtual sunset. You input your location (Zip code or they have a tool to work out your longitude and latitude) and the free to download application makes your monitor a nice familiar blue during the day and gives it a warm orangey glow towards the evening.
It’s cross platform and you can disable it if you’re doing colour sensitive work. The company behind the application have done more digging into the subject of sleep.
I’ve been using it for the past half an hour and I’m already feeling sleepy. Hot chocolate anyone?
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 1 of 3 LEFT BEHIND DVD's Starring Nicholas Cage
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Movie Action Figures Repainted by Artist are Frighteningly Realistic
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- ALL HAIL KING JULIEN the Madagascar Spin-off is Netflix's Dreamworks Christmas Star
- Sponsored Video: 7up Yarn Bombs a London Bus
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- 8 Useful Gift Ideas for UK Actors This Christmas
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands