Sunset for your monitor to help you sleep
It’s not a unique or radical theory that light from our computer monitors could be disrupting sleep patterns. A study from the May 2003 issue of the Journal of Applied Physiology found that the bright light of a computer screen may alter the body’s biological clock and suppress the natural production of melatonin that’s critical to the normal sleep-wake cycle.
The obvious solution would be to cut down on the use of computers and gadgets before bedtime but the thought alone could terrify most modern gadget lovers. F.lux fixes this by giving your computer monitor a virtual sunset. You input your location (Zip code or they have a tool to work out your longitude and latitude) and the free to download application makes your monitor a nice familiar blue during the day and gives it a warm orangey glow towards the evening.
It’s cross platform and you can disable it if you’re doing colour sensitive work. The company behind the application have done more digging into the subject of sleep.
I’ve been using it for the past half an hour and I’m already feeling sleepy. Hot chocolate anyone?
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Main Page
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- IRON SKY to Take On Earth for a Second Time in Dictator's Cut
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- Wonder Woman joins BATMAN/SUPERMAN movie!
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- Gallowwalkers - Wesley Snipes' Lost Movie Reviewed
- Celebrate the Festive Season with Heal’s In-store Events
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway