Andrew Garfield speech during “Amazing Spiderman Panel” at Comic-Con
A speech that actor Andrew Garfield gave at Comic-con introducing the Amazing Spider-Man panel has made it onto the internet.
The impassioned speech sees Garfield talk about why the character is so important to him.
“I think this might be the most incredible day of my life,” Garfield began from the audience, dressed head-to-toe in a Spider-Man costume. “I’ve always wanted to be at Comic-Con in Hall H as Spider-Man with all of you guys. This has always been a dream of mine.”
After revealing his identity by removing the headpiece, Garfield continued.
“Stan Lee says that the reason why Spidey is so popular is because all of us can relate to him and I agree,” he said. “I needed Spidey in my life when I was a kid and he gave me hope. In every comic I read, he was living out mine and every skinny boy’s fantasy of being stronger, of being free of the body I was born into, and that swinging sensation of flight. And upon receiving his power, unlike most who become corrupted, he used it for good.”
Watch out for a really nervous Andrew Garfield, showing that even big name experienced actors get nervous when pulling off a surprise stunt.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 1 of 3 LEFT BEHIND DVD's Starring Nicholas Cage
- DMC is BEYOND MAGIC on National Geographic Channel
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- Movie Action Figures Repainted by Artist are Frighteningly Realistic
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- Trailer and Posters for The Players (Les Infidèles) Starring Jean Dujardin
- Sponsored Video: Dragon Age - Inquisition Trailer
- What to do if you meet one of Australia's Deadly Countdown Animals