Andrew Garfield speech during “Amazing Spiderman Panel” at Comic-Con
A speech that actor Andrew Garfield gave at Comic-con introducing the Amazing Spider-Man panel has made it onto the internet.
The impassioned speech sees Garfield talk about why the character is so important to him.
“I think this might be the most incredible day of my life,” Garfield began from the audience, dressed head-to-toe in a Spider-Man costume. “I’ve always wanted to be at Comic-Con in Hall H as Spider-Man with all of you guys. This has always been a dream of mine.”
After revealing his identity by removing the headpiece, Garfield continued.
“Stan Lee says that the reason why Spidey is so popular is because all of us can relate to him and I agree,” he said. “I needed Spidey in my life when I was a kid and he gave me hope. In every comic I read, he was living out mine and every skinny boy’s fantasy of being stronger, of being free of the body I was born into, and that swinging sensation of flight. And upon receiving his power, unlike most who become corrupted, he used it for good.”
Watch out for a really nervous Andrew Garfield, showing that even big name experienced actors get nervous when pulling off a surprise stunt.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Review
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Universal Studios Unveil New Logo to Celebrate Centenary
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Main Page
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Watch Sarah Silverman's Failed Comedy Pilot for SUSAN 313
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012
- 'The Amazing Spiderman' New Revealing Production Photos
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone