Pastafarian wins right to wear a colander on head for driving license photo
Austrian entrepreneur Niko Alm has won the right to wear a colander on his head in his driving license photo. A self-described “pastafarian,” Niko fought for four years for the right to wear the colander as religious entitlement and was even sent to a psychologist to asses his mental health.
Alm is a member of “the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster”, a religion who’s only dogma is “the rejection of dogma”. The Church believe that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was founded as a light-hearted protest against calls to teach intelligent design in schools in Kansas.
Niko Alm wore the Ikea colander (now discontinued) on his head to show that religious privileges that often originate from the Middle Ages, seem bizarre in a contemporary 21st Century context. In Austrian driving licenses, the only head wear allowed on driving license photographs are those worn for religious reasons. Writing on his weblog he details his four year battle for equality.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- WIN Supernatural: The Anime Series DVD Boxset
- Main Page
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Raindance Film Festival - Heavy Girls (2012) Review
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer