Pastafarian wins right to wear a colander on head for driving license photo
Austrian entrepreneur Niko Alm has won the right to wear a colander on his head in his driving license photo. A self-described “pastafarian,” Niko fought for four years for the right to wear the colander as religious entitlement and was even sent to a psychologist to asses his mental health.
Alm is a member of “the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster”, a religion who’s only dogma is “the rejection of dogma”. The Church believe that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was founded as a light-hearted protest against calls to teach intelligent design in schools in Kansas.
Niko Alm wore the Ikea colander (now discontinued) on his head to show that religious privileges that often originate from the Middle Ages, seem bizarre in a contemporary 21st Century context. In Austrian driving licenses, the only head wear allowed on driving license photographs are those worn for religious reasons. Writing on his weblog he details his four year battle for equality.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- The V&A Proudly Presents... Hollywood Costume
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Main Page
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- Banshee Chapter to get UK distribution after rapturous screenings at Festivals
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced
- BFI London Film Festival 2012 Review - Shell
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway