Field Dress – Festival Fashion
Whether it be the Glastonbury Music Festival in the UK, or Coachella and Lollapalooza in the US, one
thing is certain about music festivals – the music will be absolutely awesome. If you were fortunate to
get tickets to much-anticipated music festivals such as these three, you must prepare yourself for a
time of singing, dancing and merry-making. Aside from the music, another thing which you should
also prepare for is the festival itself which will be a mad gathering of hippies, hipsters and everything in
between. So how does a girl dress for such a unique occasion? It’s best to take tips from festival veterans
who have mastered the art of being stylish and practical while rocking it at a music festival.
Kate Moss, a regular at Glastonbury, has a time-tested formula for dressing the part of a festival goer. For a muddy festival like Glastonbury, she usually wears knee-high boots, a pair of short shorts, a simple vest and a funky gilet. Actress Kate Bosworth follows the same effortless but simple style philosophy whenever she attends Coachella, of which she has been a regular in recent years. My favorite look of her was this tie-dyed short dress which she wore with tan flat sandals and accessorized with a flower in her hair. It was such a complete boho-chic look. My impression of her style definitely changed from then on.
Whatever festival you decide to go to, keep in mind that these festivals do not always have the best
lounging areas and cleanest surroundings, so it’s quite important to tone down and dress as comfortable
as you can without looking like a complete hobo.
Think about wearing leather shorts which are as cool as they come. All Saints has a perfect pair which sells for £125. Pair these hot pants with a basic vest and a pair of cool wellies such as this multi-snake print wellies from Topshop and you’re good to go, the Dundee wellies will set you back £26.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- The V&A Proudly Presents... Hollywood Costume
- Main Page
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Gallowwalkers - Wesley Snipes' Lost Movie Reviewed
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway