Field Dress – Festival Fashion
Whether it be the Glastonbury Music Festival in the UK, or Coachella and Lollapalooza in the US, one
thing is certain about music festivals – the music will be absolutely awesome. If you were fortunate to
get tickets to much-anticipated music festivals such as these three, you must prepare yourself for a
time of singing, dancing and merry-making. Aside from the music, another thing which you should
also prepare for is the festival itself which will be a mad gathering of hippies, hipsters and everything in
between. So how does a girl dress for such a unique occasion? It’s best to take tips from festival veterans
who have mastered the art of being stylish and practical while rocking it at a music festival.
Kate Moss, a regular at Glastonbury, has a time-tested formula for dressing the part of a festival goer. For a muddy festival like Glastonbury, she usually wears knee-high boots, a pair of short shorts, a simple vest and a funky gilet. Actress Kate Bosworth follows the same effortless but simple style philosophy whenever she attends Coachella, of which she has been a regular in recent years. My favorite look of her was this tie-dyed short dress which she wore with tan flat sandals and accessorized with a flower in her hair. It was such a complete boho-chic look. My impression of her style definitely changed from then on.
Whatever festival you decide to go to, keep in mind that these festivals do not always have the best
lounging areas and cleanest surroundings, so it’s quite important to tone down and dress as comfortable
as you can without looking like a complete hobo.
Think about wearing leather shorts which are as cool as they come. All Saints has a perfect pair which sells for £125. Pair these hot pants with a basic vest and a pair of cool wellies such as this multi-snake print wellies from Topshop and you’re good to go, the Dundee wellies will set you back £26.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA