Missoni Collaborates with Target
Talk about prints, knits and colorful patterns and chances are, the label of Missoni will pop in the conversation. Missoni is one of the few brands in the world which has become so successful in their business that the label has become synonymous with the product itself. Missoni was established in Italy in 1953 by the husband and wife team of Ottavio and Rosita Missoni. Since its inception to the present, the label has been safely ensconced in the family with the responsibilities of management, strategy and design handed over to the founders’ children Vittorio, Luca and Angela. Missoni is clearly a well-loved and well-nurtured family business and I find it fitting that they chose one of the founders’ granddaughters, Margherita, to front some of their beautiful campaigns.
Missoni’s decision to collaborate with Target definitely brought happiness and excitement to their millions of fans all over the world, even in the places where there are no Target stores! Target has been a great proponent of ‘masstige’, or what others would call as “luxury for the masses.” Aside from Missoni, other great names who have collaborated with Target are Mulberry and Alexander McQueen. Personally, I am a great fan of such collaborations as they allow a larger audience to appreciate your product. Missoni and Target have recently released a lookbook to give everyone a sneak peek at the much anticipated collection before it officially hits the stores on 13 September. Prepare to shop like crazy as it looks like a very well-thought out and expansive collection. I think there’s something for everyone. Missoni and Target’s official press release disclosed that the prices of the pieces will range in price from $2.99 to $599.99 with the majority of the items costing less than $40.
Source of Images: Missoni for Target Lookbook.
by Karla Silva
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 1000 Londoners: A Groundbreaking New Documentary Series
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- Brit's Asian Stars Show Up To Support Bollywood on Netflix
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Review
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone