Cardinal Sin – Banksy Unveils His Latest Work
- On December 19, 2011
The anonymous street artist Banksy is known for his graffiti work and graphic statements. Hi latest work is a sculpture being displayed at the walker art gallery in liverpool alongside artistic masterpieces by rubens and van dyck within room three of the museum’s 17th century old master galleries.
His new art work, Cardinal Sin, is a vandalised statue of a priest with a sawed off face, in place if the face is an arrangement of blank tiles which gives it a pixellated look. The vandalised sculpture of a priest is a comment on the child abuse cover-up within the Catholic church and is being displayed “for an indefinite amount of time”
via design boom
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Netflix Originals to be excited about
- WIN Grand Piano Starring Elijah Wood on DVD
- WIN The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray
- WIN Street Fighter: Assassins Fist on BluRay plus 2 Extra Surprise Manga Titles!
- Sponsored Video: Watch Mr Bean attempt extra martial arts stunts for Snickers
- WIN The NeverEnding Story on Blu-Ray!
- WIN All Cheerleaders Die on DVD
- Main Page
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review