Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill to leave Doctor Who
Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill’s characters Amy Pond and her husband Rory have been popular with fans since their introduction to the hit BBC show.
Speaking at a Q&A following a special screening of the Christmas episode The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe at London’s Television Centre, The show’s lead writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat, revealed that ‘the days of the Ponds are drawing to a close’. He didn’t go into full details but he revealed that Amy and Rory, played by Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill, would depart in the next series and Matt Smith commented that everyone would miss them but noted that one of the strengths of Doctor Who is its ability to change, or as he put it, to ‘regenerate’.
‘the days of the Ponds are drawing to a close’
The news resulted in an audible gasp from the audience as Karen Gillan has appeared in every episode since her debut as the Doctor’s companion. The Doctor will be getting a new “friend” but there are no more details yet.
Steven Moffat has previously revealed that 14 new episodes have been commissioned and all will feature Matt Smith as the Time Lord.
When we get more information, we’ll let you know.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Netflix Originals to be excited about
- WIN The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray
- WIN Grand Piano Starring Elijah Wood on DVD
- WIN Street Fighter: Assassins Fist on BluRay plus 2 Extra Surprise Manga Titles!
- WIN The NeverEnding Story on Blu-Ray!
- Sponsored Video: Watch Mr Bean attempt extra martial arts stunts for Snickers
- Main Page
- WIN All Cheerleaders Die on DVD
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- BFI to Hold Star Wars Day on December 13th