Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill to leave Doctor Who
Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill’s characters Amy Pond and her husband Rory have been popular with fans since their introduction to the hit BBC show.
Speaking at a Q&A following a special screening of the Christmas episode The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe at London’s Television Centre, The show’s lead writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat, revealed that ‘the days of the Ponds are drawing to a close’. He didn’t go into full details but he revealed that Amy and Rory, played by Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill, would depart in the next series and Matt Smith commented that everyone would miss them but noted that one of the strengths of Doctor Who is its ability to change, or as he put it, to ‘regenerate’.
‘the days of the Ponds are drawing to a close’
The news resulted in an audible gasp from the audience as Karen Gillan has appeared in every episode since her debut as the Doctor’s companion. The Doctor will be getting a new “friend” but there are no more details yet.
Steven Moffat has previously revealed that 14 new episodes have been commissioned and all will feature Matt Smith as the Time Lord.
When we get more information, we’ll let you know.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- The V&A Proudly Presents... Hollywood Costume
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Edgar Wright Interview: The World's End
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway