Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill to leave Doctor Who
Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill’s characters Amy Pond and her husband Rory have been popular with fans since their introduction to the hit BBC show.
Speaking at a Q&A following a special screening of the Christmas episode The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe at London’s Television Centre, The show’s lead writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat, revealed that ‘the days of the Ponds are drawing to a close’. He didn’t go into full details but he revealed that Amy and Rory, played by Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill, would depart in the next series and Matt Smith commented that everyone would miss them but noted that one of the strengths of Doctor Who is its ability to change, or as he put it, to ‘regenerate’.
‘the days of the Ponds are drawing to a close’
The news resulted in an audible gasp from the audience as Karen Gillan has appeared in every episode since her debut as the Doctor’s companion. The Doctor will be getting a new “friend” but there are no more details yet.
Steven Moffat has previously revealed that 14 new episodes have been commissioned and all will feature Matt Smith as the Time Lord.
When we get more information, we’ll let you know.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN Sci-Fi Anime Patema Inverted on DVD and Blu-Ray!
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- What to do if you meet one of Australia's Deadly Countdown Animals
- Time Travel for Teens in Project Almanac Trailer
- DMC is BEYOND MAGIC on National Geographic Channel
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?