Filmmaker Targets Beauty Industry in Viral Spoof – Adobé Fotoshop
“This commercial isn’t real, neither are society’s standards of beauty.” is the tag line attached to this viral by Filmmaker Jesse Rosten. We’re used to being bombarded with digitally altered images that our perceptions of the standards of beauty are distorted. There are women who won’t post a picture on social networking sites without having them digitally airbrushed first.
Jesse, a filmmaker and commercial director says this on his website:
I was watching TV one sleepless night and stumbled upon an infomercial for some beauty product. The commercial showed before and after portraits, that to my eye, looked like the same photo just photoshopped. I laughed to myself. Then I made this video.
Will the beauty and fashion industry ever change? Can they survive without digitally altering their advertising?
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 1 of 3 LEFT BEHIND DVD's Starring Nicholas Cage
- WIN The Guest on DVD
- DMC is BEYOND MAGIC on National Geographic Channel
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 8 Useful Gift Ideas for UK Actors This Christmas
- Main Page
- Sophie Turner finds she has ANOTHER ME - Trailer
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands
- Dog Shaming is the New New Thing
- ALL HAIL KING JULIEN the Madagascar Spin-off is Netflix's Dreamworks Christmas Star