Filmmaker Targets Beauty Industry in Viral Spoof – Adobé Fotoshop
“This commercial isn’t real, neither are society’s standards of beauty.” is the tag line attached to this viral by Filmmaker Jesse Rosten. We’re used to being bombarded with digitally altered images that our perceptions of the standards of beauty are distorted. There are women who won’t post a picture on social networking sites without having them digitally airbrushed first.
Jesse, a filmmaker and commercial director says this on his website:
I was watching TV one sleepless night and stumbled upon an infomercial for some beauty product. The commercial showed before and after portraits, that to my eye, looked like the same photo just photoshopped. I laughed to myself. Then I made this video.
Will the beauty and fashion industry ever change? Can they survive without digitally altering their advertising?
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN Sci-Fi Anime Patema Inverted on DVD and Blu-Ray!
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- What to do if you meet one of Australia's Deadly Countdown Animals
- Time Travel for Teens in Project Almanac Trailer
- DMC is BEYOND MAGIC on National Geographic Channel
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?