Filmmaker Targets Beauty Industry in Viral Spoof – Adobé Fotoshop
“This commercial isn’t real, neither are society’s standards of beauty.” is the tag line attached to this viral by Filmmaker Jesse Rosten. We’re used to being bombarded with digitally altered images that our perceptions of the standards of beauty are distorted. There are women who won’t post a picture on social networking sites without having them digitally airbrushed first.
Jesse, a filmmaker and commercial director says this on his website:
I was watching TV one sleepless night and stumbled upon an infomercial for some beauty product. The commercial showed before and after portraits, that to my eye, looked like the same photo just photoshopped. I laughed to myself. Then I made this video.
Will the beauty and fashion industry ever change? Can they survive without digitally altering their advertising?
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Review
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Universal Studios Unveil New Logo to Celebrate Centenary
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Main Page
- Watch Sarah Silverman's Failed Comedy Pilot for SUSAN 313
- VIVOBAREFOOT launch off-road TRAILFREAK
- Skullcandy Crusher Headphones Hands On Review
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone