Filmmaker Targets Beauty Industry in Viral Spoof – Adobé Fotoshop
“This commercial isn’t real, neither are society’s standards of beauty.” is the tag line attached to this viral by Filmmaker Jesse Rosten. We’re used to being bombarded with digitally altered images that our perceptions of the standards of beauty are distorted. There are women who won’t post a picture on social networking sites without having them digitally airbrushed first.
Jesse, a filmmaker and commercial director says this on his website:
I was watching TV one sleepless night and stumbled upon an infomercial for some beauty product. The commercial showed before and after portraits, that to my eye, looked like the same photo just photoshopped. I laughed to myself. Then I made this video.
Will the beauty and fashion industry ever change? Can they survive without digitally altering their advertising?
Sign up for our mailing list.
Death should be a once in a lifetime experience…
Top Posts & Pages
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Main Page
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- WIN a Limited Edition BLACK SAILS Hip Flask
- Sponsored: Johnnie Walker Blue Label Presents Jude Law in The Gentleman's Wager
- Bloom Makes the Misfit Shine the Prettiest Wearable Tech
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands
- Courvoisier Whisking Spontaneous Londoners to Paris on Friday
- Official trailer for Derren Brown Infamous released
- Hypoxi Vacuum Therapy - Tried and Tested