Filmmaker Targets Beauty Industry in Viral Spoof – Adobé Fotoshop
“This commercial isn’t real, neither are society’s standards of beauty.” is the tag line attached to this viral by Filmmaker Jesse Rosten. We’re used to being bombarded with digitally altered images that our perceptions of the standards of beauty are distorted. There are women who won’t post a picture on social networking sites without having them digitally airbrushed first.
Jesse, a filmmaker and commercial director says this on his website:
I was watching TV one sleepless night and stumbled upon an infomercial for some beauty product. The commercial showed before and after portraits, that to my eye, looked like the same photo just photoshopped. I laughed to myself. Then I made this video.
Will the beauty and fashion industry ever change? Can they survive without digitally altering their advertising?
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray
- Netflix Originals to be excited about
- WIN The NeverEnding Story on Blu-Ray!
- WIN Street Fighter: Assassins Fist on BluRay plus 2 Extra Surprise Manga Titles!
- Main Page
- WIN All Cheerleaders Die on DVD
- Sponsored Video: Watch Mr Bean attempt extra martial arts stunts for Snickers
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- BFI to Hold Star Wars Day on December 13th
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton