The Vauxhall Fashion Scout Ones to Watch AW12
Vauxhall fashion scout champions some of the most creative and inspiring collections during London Fashion Week. They’re the shows the celebrities want to be papped at and the young and trendy love. Every year they hand pick a selection of new and promising young talents that they know will go far. Their “ones to watch” for AW12 are:
Anne Sofie Madsen
Anne Sofie Madsen is a graduate of The Royal Danish Academy of Arts, School of Design. She set up her own company in 2010 and has been designing fashion and illustrating ever since.
Her collections aim to “capture and save a soul in each style. Her collections border between primative and civilised” She aims to re-interpret the traditions of handwork and use of techniques in couture into contemporary materials and silhouettes.
An RCA graduate, Heohwan gained numerous high profile design awards including the Umbro Sportswear Project. He started developing his own label whilst studying menswear at the RCA and it’s reflected in his womenswear collection which incorporates both femininity and strong silhouettes.
Each of his collections starts from experimental artwork which is inspired by his critical viewpoint on fashion history and phenomenon.
Myrza de Muynck
Myrza graduated from Central Saint Martins in 2011 and aims only to design pretty, cool clothes for women who put comfort before couture. A combination of luxe and nostalgic youthfulness her work incorporates elaborate hand painted prints and hand embroidery. A casual chic silhouette with a tomboyish sportswear like silhouette.
A graduate of London College of Fashion from 2011, Nova makes her first professional catwalk debut of her career as one of Vauxhall Fashion Scout’s one’s to watch. Her previous experience includes Matthew Williamson, Richard Nicoll and Anna Sui. Her collection uses rich tectures and heavy embroidery with digital prints on a variety of fabrics. Experimental, unconventional and and unique are the key to Nova’s work.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- World War Z on Audible - Audiobook Review
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 4pm Sweet Food Cravings Explained - Nutritionists Help us Through the Afternoon Dip
- Westfield Invites Shoppers to Time Travel into THE GREAT GATSBY 3D World
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer