The Vauxhall Fashion Scout Ones to Watch AW12
Vauxhall fashion scout champions some of the most creative and inspiring collections during London Fashion Week. They’re the shows the celebrities want to be papped at and the young and trendy love. Every year they hand pick a selection of new and promising young talents that they know will go far. Their “ones to watch” for AW12 are:
Anne Sofie Madsen
Anne Sofie Madsen is a graduate of The Royal Danish Academy of Arts, School of Design. She set up her own company in 2010 and has been designing fashion and illustrating ever since.
Her collections aim to “capture and save a soul in each style. Her collections border between primative and civilised” She aims to re-interpret the traditions of handwork and use of techniques in couture into contemporary materials and silhouettes.
An RCA graduate, Heohwan gained numerous high profile design awards including the Umbro Sportswear Project. He started developing his own label whilst studying menswear at the RCA and it’s reflected in his womenswear collection which incorporates both femininity and strong silhouettes.
Each of his collections starts from experimental artwork which is inspired by his critical viewpoint on fashion history and phenomenon.
Myrza de Muynck
Myrza graduated from Central Saint Martins in 2011 and aims only to design pretty, cool clothes for women who put comfort before couture. A combination of luxe and nostalgic youthfulness her work incorporates elaborate hand painted prints and hand embroidery. A casual chic silhouette with a tomboyish sportswear like silhouette.
A graduate of London College of Fashion from 2011, Nova makes her first professional catwalk debut of her career as one of Vauxhall Fashion Scout’s one’s to watch. Her previous experience includes Matthew Williamson, Richard Nicoll and Anna Sui. Her collection uses rich tectures and heavy embroidery with digital prints on a variety of fabrics. Experimental, unconventional and and unique are the key to Nova’s work.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Fitness First launches BEAT Concept Club and Training Style
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA