Best before – a sure fire way to find your prince
- Jodie Burch
- On February 6, 2012
As none of you will know, I will soon hopefully be packing up my life and moving to Australia. Crazy times huh? So my sorry single arse has finally given up on English men and is hoping to bag itself a life guarding, surfing, kind hearted Australian who rescues kittens from burning buildings on the weekend. Not to much to ask right?!
Since I have made this life changing decision, it has been a lot of waiting around, deep discussions and 3 weeks in Asia. I also recently celebrated my birthday, and as I always do on this monumental day, I got started reflecting over my time in London. I came to the conclusion, that for me, my time in London has a best before date. And sadly, it is 4 years. I know it is the right time for me to go. I go on my merry little way and life decides to come along and if I had any, kick me in the balls. A friend introduces me to a friend of theirs and now here we are. I’m hopefully leaving in 2 months and I have this fantastic guy. Are the Gods conspiring against me?! Or, the conclusion I have come to, is it just going well because we both know I’m leaving? We have a best before date on whatever it is we have so there is not the pressure of “hmmmm where is this going?”.
This got me to thinking about, especially women, do we exude a sell by date that reeks of desperation and puts men off? We all know about a women’s biological clock. That thing that ticks away like a timebomb. (Apparently. I have never heard it myself). Am I a lot more relaxed now as my life is no longer in London. My head is already in Australia with my kitten rescuing man. I’d like to think so, people have even commented on how serene I seem to be.
I guess what I am trying to say is: Plan to leave the country and your prince will turn up. As for me? Is Mr New guy actually Mr Right? Come on you should know me by now! No way. He’s my Mr Right Now of course.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Sponsored Post: #tonightis the ASOS All Night Online House Party
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- Write for Us
- Dog Shaming is the New New Thing
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway