Best before – a sure fire way to find your prince
- Jodie Burch
- On February 6, 2012
As none of you will know, I will soon hopefully be packing up my life and moving to Australia. Crazy times huh? So my sorry single arse has finally given up on English men and is hoping to bag itself a life guarding, surfing, kind hearted Australian who rescues kittens from burning buildings on the weekend. Not to much to ask right?!
Since I have made this life changing decision, it has been a lot of waiting around, deep discussions and 3 weeks in Asia. I also recently celebrated my birthday, and as I always do on this monumental day, I got started reflecting over my time in London. I came to the conclusion, that for me, my time in London has a best before date. And sadly, it is 4 years. I know it is the right time for me to go. I go on my merry little way and life decides to come along and if I had any, kick me in the balls. A friend introduces me to a friend of theirs and now here we are. I’m hopefully leaving in 2 months and I have this fantastic guy. Are the Gods conspiring against me?! Or, the conclusion I have come to, is it just going well because we both know I’m leaving? We have a best before date on whatever it is we have so there is not the pressure of “hmmmm where is this going?”.
This got me to thinking about, especially women, do we exude a sell by date that reeks of desperation and puts men off? We all know about a women’s biological clock. That thing that ticks away like a timebomb. (Apparently. I have never heard it myself). Am I a lot more relaxed now as my life is no longer in London. My head is already in Australia with my kitten rescuing man. I’d like to think so, people have even commented on how serene I seem to be.
I guess what I am trying to say is: Plan to leave the country and your prince will turn up. As for me? Is Mr New guy actually Mr Right? Come on you should know me by now! No way. He’s my Mr Right Now of course.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- MALEFICENT new full length trailer released
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- The Artist’s Jean Dujardin Rumoured for Cast of Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street
- Colleen Moore's Beautiful Fairy Castle Dollhouse
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- Sponsored: USA Networks present 'Playing House'
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone