I Heart Creepers
I’ve noticed recently the sudden growth in popularity for Brothel Creepers. I’ve had my eye on them for a few years now, as an absolute lover of anything of the Mod style. Every year I see a pair of Underground Creepers make it into the sale, but for some reason I’ve never purchased a pair. I think the time has come, to add a pair of Creepers to my wardrobe.
Counter cultures throughout fashion history who have been noted as adopting the Creeper as part of their style, are the counter cultures that I am constantly inspired in terms of styling myself, the music that I listen to and the films that I watch.
In the 1950’s, it was the Teddy Boys adopted the Creeper, along with their drainpipe trousers, drape jackets, their unmistakable greased back quiff hairstyle. In the 1960’s, it was the Mods & Rockers and in the 1970’s, it was the Punks. It is the revival of the Rockabilly and Mod style in recent seasons that has seen the next generation of fashion rebels revive the Creeper.
Unlike most trends that come and go, I believe that the Creeper is a shoe tailored for the individual, with a unique look that separates them from the rest.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- From Dusk till Dawn is becoming a Netflix Original!
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone