Lionsgate to Open Hunger Games Cafepress Store
If you’re not sick of hearing about the Hunger Games you can at least marvel in the sheer scale of the marketing campaign leading up to the film’s release on March 23rd. To keep all the fans happy in the run up to the opening, Lionsgate are selling from their own Cafepress Store.
The official online store for THE HUNGER GAMES will launch onFebruary 21st and will be selling both officially licensed film merchandise and fan created designs. This clever move is not an attempt to snub out any unofficial Hunger Games designs on the print to order web store but will create an easy additional income stream for the production.
The official merchandise for sale on the site will only be a small section of all the licensed products for the film, with a concentration on apparel, accessories, and novelty items. In addition to the official merchandise, CafePress sellers and Hunger Games fans can design their own merchandise using “The World’s Customization Engine” and have them printed onto a huge range of products including canvas bags and water bottles. Aficionados can explore and design products for multiple mini-shops within the main portal that will each focus on the film’s major characters and Districts.
If you really want to immerse yourself in the world of Panem, you really need to get yourself a free District ID Card availiable through the Hunger Games Facebook application. Any fan that registers for an ID card through the app can claim a physical ID card that shows among other things their district and job assignment. Existing “citizens of Panem” can also claim their free The Hunger Games ID card (not including p&p).
If you want to blame someone about Hunger Games overload, the man responsible, Lionsgate’s Chief Marketing Officer Tim Palen says “From Day 1, we have tried to make room for the enormous passion of The Hunger Games fans in our film’s marketing campaign, and this store is the perfect example of that approach coming to fruition. We’re proud to have worked with CafePress to provide a unified place where fans can get official film products, express their love for the story in their own voice, and become card carrying District citizens.”
If you havn’t heard about The Hunger Games yet, here’s the synopsis:
“Every year in the ruins of what was onceNorth America, the evil Capitol of the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. A twisted punishment for a past uprising and an ongoing government intimidation tactic, The Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which “Tributes” must fight with one another until one survivor remains.
Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she’s ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.”
You can see more of our coverage of The Hunger Games here. The film, directed by Gary Ross stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Woody Harrelson and Lenny Kravitz. You can find out more about the movie from the official The Hunger Games Website and the film will be released onMarch 23, 2012.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- IRON SKY to Take On Earth for a Second Time in Dictator's Cut
- Celebrate the Festive Season with Heal’s In-store Events
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- Wonder Woman joins BATMAN/SUPERMAN movie!
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- WIN 1 of 3 Iron Sky: Dictator's Cut Steelbook DVDs
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway