London Fashion Week AW12-13: Sophie Hulme Presents Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs are usually the obsession of primary school children and Palentologists. Not normally the inspiration of high fashion, they brought a refreshingly upbeat aspect to the bleak Autumn Winter season. Sophie Hulme’s AW12-13 collection, presented at London Fashion Week, was inspired by toy dinosaurs and classic mens fairisle jumpers bringing dinosaurs into the 21st Century and into the lives of grown women.
Dinosaur shapes in lace made of wool graced dresses, skirts and jackets. This delicate lace was inset with panels of leather or layered as panels of detail on dresses. Leather featured heavily in the collection and in the accompanying accessories line. Belts, bags and luggage in reptilian textured leather made from calf and eel sported brass dinosaurs or were adorned with dinosaur charms.
Fairisle jumpers in mohair and cashmere, jackets in goatskin brought a wooly mammoth feel. Belts with brass wooly mammoths added an extra prehistoric charm to the collection. The colour pallet drew from a range of navy blue, light grey and accents of bright pink on a monochrome backdrop. I could be wrong but I’m sure that wooly mammoths and t-rex’s didn’t exist at the same time but who am I to poke holes in Sophie Hulme’s adorable collection.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- The V&A Proudly Presents... Hollywood Costume
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Main Page
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced
- Banshee Chapter to get UK distribution after rapturous screenings at Festivals
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway