London Fashion Week AW12-13: Sophie Hulme Presents Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs are usually the obsession of primary school children and Palentologists. Not normally the inspiration of high fashion, they brought a refreshingly upbeat aspect to the bleak Autumn Winter season. Sophie Hulme’s AW12-13 collection, presented at London Fashion Week, was inspired by toy dinosaurs and classic mens fairisle jumpers bringing dinosaurs into the 21st Century and into the lives of grown women.
Dinosaur shapes in lace made of wool graced dresses, skirts and jackets. This delicate lace was inset with panels of leather or layered as panels of detail on dresses. Leather featured heavily in the collection and in the accompanying accessories line. Belts, bags and luggage in reptilian textured leather made from calf and eel sported brass dinosaurs or were adorned with dinosaur charms.
Fairisle jumpers in mohair and cashmere, jackets in goatskin brought a wooly mammoth feel. Belts with brass wooly mammoths added an extra prehistoric charm to the collection. The colour pallet drew from a range of navy blue, light grey and accents of bright pink on a monochrome backdrop. I could be wrong but I’m sure that wooly mammoths and t-rex’s didn’t exist at the same time but who am I to poke holes in Sophie Hulme’s adorable collection.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- World War Z on Audible - Audiobook Review
- 4pm Sweet Food Cravings Explained - Nutritionists Help us Through the Afternoon Dip
- Westfield Invites Shoppers to Time Travel into THE GREAT GATSBY 3D World
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Brit's Asian Stars Show Up To Support Bollywood on Netflix
- Cult Hub Interviews Gareth Evans on Directing The Raid
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer