Marvels Avengers Film to be Called Avengers Assemble
It was hinted at during the superbowl ad spot trailer but Marvel have released a poster that confirms they have re-named their film “Avengers Assemble”. The heavily photoshop crazy poster features Marvel’s superheroes posing, looking meaningfully and ready for action among a crumbling New York setting. With no regard for their own safety, none of the superheroes are wearing helmets.
From left to right, the characters on the poster are Incredible Hulk (motion-captured Mark Ruffalo), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Captain America (Chris Evans) and Thor (Chris Hemsworth).
The film, directed and written by Joss Whedon, continues on from some of the other story lines that have made it into the world of film. It also features Jarvis (Paul Bettany), Agent Coulson (Clark Cregg), Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) and Loki (Tom Hiddleston). If you havn’t already seen the teaser trailer they put out last year, you can view it here.
Marvel Studios presents in association with Paramount Pictures “Marvel’s The Avengers”–the Super Hero team up of a lifetime, featuring iconic Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins. Starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson, and directed by Joss Whedon, “Marvel’s The Avengers” is based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series “The Avengers,” first published in 1963 and a comics institution ever since. In “Marvel’s The Avengers,” superheroes team up to pull the world back from the brink of disaster when an unexpected enemy threatens global security.
The new name is apparently only for the U.K. after fears from the producers that the film would be confused with an old TV show by the same name and another film from 1998 based on the TV series, both of which featured British secret agents. Avengers Assemble is set to be released on April 26th.
TagsAuthor: Genevieve Sibayan Avengers Avengers Assemble Chris Evans Chris Hemsworth Clark Cregg Director Gwyneth Paltrow Hawkeye Jeremy Renner Joss Whedon Mark Ruffalo Marvel Marvel Studios New York Nick Fury Paul Bettany Robert Downey Jr. Samuel L. Jackson Scarlett Johansson Superheroes The Avengers Thor Tom Hiddleston
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Fitness First launches BEAT Concept Club and Training Style
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA