New York Fashion Week: Vera Wang Runway Show [video] AW12-13
The Vera Wang AW12 Show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York took place on 14th Feb 2012. The front row attracted names such as Leighton Meester (who’s the face of Zera Wang), Renee Zellweger, Viola Davis and Maria Sharapova.
The collection’s colour pallete was a mix of champagne colours, bright orange, slate blue and greys. With brightly coloured lingerie worn under sheers.
“A sensual silhouette — long, narrow, leggy — extending from a high neckline, caught at peplumed hips,” Wang said in her notesleft for the editors, stylists and retailers. “Clothing as sanctuary: The body protectively enveloped in the soft armor of a fitted sheath, the sharp discipline of fencing-inspired jackets, the structured carapace of a coat. The female form revealed by smoky transparencies that allow a glimpse of skin and of delicate lingerie not meant to be hidden, but seen.”
She certainly managed to achieve her aims for the collection. The lengths were long and over flowing with slim trousers teamed with oversized coats. Collars were high and lapels reached downwards. Peplums at the waist and hips repeated through the collection and seems to be one of the trends emerging for AW12-13.
Texture was provided in touches of boucle and fur and glamour was provided by sparkling crystal-mesh panels. The directional satin stripes and diagonal seams will flatter tall waifs and curvy ladies but will they suit women of average height? Watch the runway show below.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- World War Z on Audible - Audiobook Review
- 4pm Sweet Food Cravings Explained - Nutritionists Help us Through the Afternoon Dip
- Westfield Invites Shoppers to Time Travel into THE GREAT GATSBY 3D World
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer