New York Fashion Week: Vera Wang Runway Show [video] AW12-13
The Vera Wang AW12 Show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York took place on 14th Feb 2012. The front row attracted names such as Leighton Meester (who’s the face of Zera Wang), Renee Zellweger, Viola Davis and Maria Sharapova.
The collection’s colour pallete was a mix of champagne colours, bright orange, slate blue and greys. With brightly coloured lingerie worn under sheers.
“A sensual silhouette — long, narrow, leggy — extending from a high neckline, caught at peplumed hips,” Wang said in her notesleft for the editors, stylists and retailers. “Clothing as sanctuary: The body protectively enveloped in the soft armor of a fitted sheath, the sharp discipline of fencing-inspired jackets, the structured carapace of a coat. The female form revealed by smoky transparencies that allow a glimpse of skin and of delicate lingerie not meant to be hidden, but seen.”
She certainly managed to achieve her aims for the collection. The lengths were long and over flowing with slim trousers teamed with oversized coats. Collars were high and lapels reached downwards. Peplums at the waist and hips repeated through the collection and seems to be one of the trends emerging for AW12-13.
Texture was provided in touches of boucle and fur and glamour was provided by sparkling crystal-mesh panels. The directional satin stripes and diagonal seams will flatter tall waifs and curvy ladies but will they suit women of average height? Watch the runway show below.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- WIN Magi the Labyrinth of Magic on DVD!
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- Main Page
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA