World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Vaskar Kayastha
- On March 28, 2012
Most people like a solid career. Doctor. Engineer. Sportsman (or woman). Musician. Artist. Librarian. Annoying Aunt. But very few dream of becoming a computer games character and even fewer actually get to be one. But our very own Editor, the amazing Genevieve, is almost very close to making that a reality.
After 10 days of intense auditions on Sony’s Facebook fan pages and over 6,000 entries from 16 countries, 10 lucky finalists have been selected to take part in the grand finale in LA and win the chance to make gaming history to become a playable character in ‘Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception on PlayStation3. This once in a lifetime experience is made possible through bringing together Sony’s expertise and heritage in film and gaming. In recent hit games, including the Uncharted franchise, Sony has taken computer games to new levels of film-like reality and this audition goes one step further to find and nurture creative talent and create an opportunity that only Sony can make a reality.
The ten finalists are:
Genevieve Sibayan, London <—–
Shabaz Sarwar, Copenhagen
Dzyan Wattimena, Amsterdam
Georgina Ruth Hanmer, London
James Crerar, Dublin
Maria Fritsche, Copenhagen
Laetitia Monsieur, Brussels
James Cooper, London
Bastien Bourlé, Paris
Farshid Abdollahi, Vienna
The final event will take place today at the Sony Pictures studios in Culver City where the finalists will meet their heroes from the game, including Nolan North who plays the infamous Nathan Drake, to receive hands on coaching for their final audition. The auditions will put each finalist’s skill and talent to the test and will see them compete against each other in a series of gaming challenges, go through their action-man paces with legendary stunt experts, improve their acting and improvisation skills and endeavour to impress the team of judges with their character creations.
The judges will be a tough group to impress with a host of Uncharted actors and Naughty Doc Inc. creators on the panel: Nolan North (Nathan Drake), Emily Rose (Elena Fisher) Amy Hennig (Creative Director) and Robh Ruppel (Art Director) and Justin Richmond (Game Director). The Naughty Doc Inc. judging panel commented, “The amount of creativity and enthusiasm we saw from our contestants during The Uncharted Audition was great. Sony challenged fans to prove that they were as good as Nathan Drake and our finalists achieved this by demonstrating the highest level of quality and imagination possible. This is how we work at Naughty Dog. We’re excited to see what kind of wildly creative Uncharted 3 multiplayer character our grand prize winner will help us design.”
Each finalist will also receive a digital camera from Sony to document their amazing journey to become a playable game character. A final winner’s video will be created to show gaming history being made!
Vaskar S. Kayastha is Cult Hub’s contributing film writer focusing on blockbuster movies as well as independent and world cinema. Vaskar graduated with a BA (Hons) in English which focused on the Classics, Medieval, Shakespearean and Ancient Literature. He also has a keen interest in Photography, History, Technology, Theology, Poetry, Ballet, Art, riding his Vespa and eating Gelato. Vaskar is also the Creative Director for TheStyleColumn - a portal for showcasing talented new fashion designers as well as covering global fashion weeks. Find out more about Vaskar on his blog or follow him on twitter.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- Thomas Edison filmed Boxing Cats back in 1894
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience - Winners Announced
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?
- Watch Sarah Silverman's Failed Comedy Pilot for SUSAN 313
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone