World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Vaskar Kayastha
- On March 28, 2012
Most people like a solid career. Doctor. Engineer. Sportsman (or woman). Musician. Artist. Librarian. Annoying Aunt. But very few dream of becoming a computer games character and even fewer actually get to be one. But our very own Editor, the amazing Genevieve, is almost very close to making that a reality.
After 10 days of intense auditions on Sony’s Facebook fan pages and over 6,000 entries from 16 countries, 10 lucky finalists have been selected to take part in the grand finale in LA and win the chance to make gaming history to become a playable character in ‘Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception on PlayStation3. This once in a lifetime experience is made possible through bringing together Sony’s expertise and heritage in film and gaming. In recent hit games, including the Uncharted franchise, Sony has taken computer games to new levels of film-like reality and this audition goes one step further to find and nurture creative talent and create an opportunity that only Sony can make a reality.
The ten finalists are:
Genevieve Sibayan, London <—–
Shabaz Sarwar, Copenhagen
Dzyan Wattimena, Amsterdam
Georgina Ruth Hanmer, London
James Crerar, Dublin
Maria Fritsche, Copenhagen
Laetitia Monsieur, Brussels
James Cooper, London
Bastien Bourlé, Paris
Farshid Abdollahi, Vienna
The final event will take place today at the Sony Pictures studios in Culver City where the finalists will meet their heroes from the game, including Nolan North who plays the infamous Nathan Drake, to receive hands on coaching for their final audition. The auditions will put each finalist’s skill and talent to the test and will see them compete against each other in a series of gaming challenges, go through their action-man paces with legendary stunt experts, improve their acting and improvisation skills and endeavour to impress the team of judges with their character creations.
The judges will be a tough group to impress with a host of Uncharted actors and Naughty Doc Inc. creators on the panel: Nolan North (Nathan Drake), Emily Rose (Elena Fisher) Amy Hennig (Creative Director) and Robh Ruppel (Art Director) and Justin Richmond (Game Director). The Naughty Doc Inc. judging panel commented, “The amount of creativity and enthusiasm we saw from our contestants during The Uncharted Audition was great. Sony challenged fans to prove that they were as good as Nathan Drake and our finalists achieved this by demonstrating the highest level of quality and imagination possible. This is how we work at Naughty Dog. We’re excited to see what kind of wildly creative Uncharted 3 multiplayer character our grand prize winner will help us design.”
Each finalist will also receive a digital camera from Sony to document their amazing journey to become a playable game character. A final winner’s video will be created to show gaming history being made!
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Top Tips on Reviving and Protecting Winter Skin
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Main Page
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- Dreamworks Makes Jack Frost Cool in Rise of the Guardians Trailer
- Grey Goose to Open Pop Up Boulangerie François in Soho
- Boadwalk Empire Bringing Back 20's Style
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway