Coraline Makers Laika Studios Plan Stop Motion ‘Goblins’
Stop motion animation is having something of a Renaissance at the moment. Monsters, the supernatural and creatures are the hot topic with films like Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie and the upcoming Paranorman making an appearance this Autumn. Laika Studios; the company behind Coraline, the previously mentioned ParaNorman and some recent commercials directed by Wes Anderson; have announced they’ll be making a 3D stop-motion animated feature film entitled ‘Goblins’. Marc Gustafson has been named to direct ‘Goblins’.
Based on the book by Philip Reeve, LAIKA say this about the film :
Goblins, set in an extraordinary world of brilliantly original monsters and magical creatures, tells the story of riotous, ill-mannered, and all-around bloodthirsty goblins who live in the gigantic ruins of Clovenstone Castle, and spend their time mindlessly fighting, looting and menacing neighboring villages. Only clever young Skarper understands that an ancient and powerful magic created by a vanquished sorcerer is rising again. Soon giants, cloudmaidens, swamp monsters, treewarriors, rampaging goblins and hapless humans will be swept into a fabulous magical conflict that will determine the fate of their world, and delight discerning audiences of all ages.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- WIN Sci-Fi Anime Patema Inverted on DVD and Blu-Ray!
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 8 Useful Gift Ideas for UK Actors This Christmas
- Fun, Mud & Horses in the Most Unusual Runs in the UK
- Jena Malone Offered Role of Johanna Mason in 'Catching Fire'
- ALL HAIL KING JULIEN the Madagascar Spin-off is Netflix's Dreamworks Christmas Star
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton