Happy Birthday David – New Prometheus Viral Surfaces
The introduction to this viral actually came out a while ago alongside the cleverly crafted TED talk. This viral introduces the robot that everyone wants, David.
The brilliantly creepy video takes place in the form of an advertisement for “David”, a latest generation android from the fictional company; Weyland Corporation. Actor Michael Fassbender plays the perfectly poised and seemingly gentle mannered robot who even empathises with human emotions. A David serves as the butler and maintenance man on the ship in the film and there’s speculation that this seemingly perfect humanoid can’t possibly be as perfect as he seems.
In the distant future, two superpowers control Earth and fight each other for all the solar system’s natural resources. When one side dispatches a team to a distant planet to terraform it for human colonization, the team discovers an indigenous race of bio-mechanoid killers.
Ridley Scott, director of ‘Alien’ and ‘Blade Runner,’ returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
In addition to the heavy online campaign, Fox is also putting a full-page advertisement for David in The Wall Street Journal. The film’s website ProjectPrometheus includes its own alternate-reality game. The whole campaign is starting to feel like it’s reaching out from the screen and creeping into reality and it doesn’t stop there as the producers have teamed up with American mobile service provider Verizon to offer an interactive tour of the Prometheus ship.
Prometheus reaches cinemas on the 1st June 2012 in the UK and June 8 in the USA. The viral is just another in the long campaign that has had fans salivating at the thought of seeing what is bound to be the hit film of the summer. The campaign has included images. trailers, an android app, a fictional TED talk starring Guy Pearce and an intriguing website trickling hints and hidden clues as to elements of the world Ridley Scott has created. You can see all our coverage here.
Full New Prometheus Trailer Arrives Online
New Prometheus Image Shows Impressive Glowing Map Room
Guy Pearce Wants to Change the World in New TED Style Promo Video for Prometheus
Prometheus New Image Gives Nothing Away
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- Main Page
- National Geographic - COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey's Impressive Trailer
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- Jena Malone Offered Role of Johanna Mason in 'Catching Fire'
- Fitness First launches BEAT Concept Club and Training Style
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA