Happy Birthday David – New Prometheus Viral Surfaces
The introduction to this viral actually came out a while ago alongside the cleverly crafted TED talk. This viral introduces the robot that everyone wants, David.
The brilliantly creepy video takes place in the form of an advertisement for “David”, a latest generation android from the fictional company; Weyland Corporation. Actor Michael Fassbender plays the perfectly poised and seemingly gentle mannered robot who even empathises with human emotions. A David serves as the butler and maintenance man on the ship in the film and there’s speculation that this seemingly perfect humanoid can’t possibly be as perfect as he seems.
In the distant future, two superpowers control Earth and fight each other for all the solar system’s natural resources. When one side dispatches a team to a distant planet to terraform it for human colonization, the team discovers an indigenous race of bio-mechanoid killers.
Ridley Scott, director of ‘Alien’ and ‘Blade Runner,’ returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
In addition to the heavy online campaign, Fox is also putting a full-page advertisement for David in The Wall Street Journal. The film’s website ProjectPrometheus includes its own alternate-reality game. The whole campaign is starting to feel like it’s reaching out from the screen and creeping into reality and it doesn’t stop there as the producers have teamed up with American mobile service provider Verizon to offer an interactive tour of the Prometheus ship.
Prometheus reaches cinemas on the 1st June 2012 in the UK and June 8 in the USA. The viral is just another in the long campaign that has had fans salivating at the thought of seeing what is bound to be the hit film of the summer. The campaign has included images. trailers, an android app, a fictional TED talk starring Guy Pearce and an intriguing website trickling hints and hidden clues as to elements of the world Ridley Scott has created. You can see all our coverage here.
Full New Prometheus Trailer Arrives Online
New Prometheus Image Shows Impressive Glowing Map Room
Guy Pearce Wants to Change the World in New TED Style Promo Video for Prometheus
Prometheus New Image Gives Nothing Away
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- WIN Supernatural: The Anime Series DVD Boxset
- WIN a One Piece: Collection 1 Anime DVD
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- Westfield Invites Shoppers to Time Travel into THE GREAT GATSBY 3D World
- Main Page
- Starbucks Presents Guatemala Antigua Origin Espresso [Sponsored Video]
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer