Total Recall – Trailer
Douglas Quaid, clearly unhappy with his life, takes a trip to a memory bank where he’s very interested of implanting a memory of a secret agent but his insertion is disturbed by the appearance of Stormtrooper-like bodies. Now realising he has combat skills, he shoots down all of the white heavies and returns home to tell his wife Lori however he soon realises she too wants to kill him – because he really was a spy in his past. Escaping threats from all angles, he’s dramatically saved by Melina – who’s been searching for him for quite some time. We get our first glimpse of the wonderful Bryan Cranston who plays Vilos Cohaagen, the president of Euroamerica, the man who wants Quaid’s mind for other reasons.
It’s evident from first inspection that Total Recall will be a visual treat. The special effects look wonderfully clean and crisp, as do some of the action sequences with an orgy of sound effects, however it doesn’t seem to have that je nais se quoi… as we’ve seen films like this before. You need only look at the Bourne Trilogy or even Jackie Chan’s Who Am I to get the gist of the plot so the special effect action sequences need to be spectacularly brilliant in a summer that will see stiff competition coming from the likes of Amazing Spider-Man, Prometheus and of course The Dark Knight Rises.
Total Recall stars Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale, Bill Nighy and Bryan Cranston and will be released August 22nd in the UK. Until then, check out their official website here.
Vaskar S. Kayastha is Cult Hub’s contributing film writer focusing on blockbuster movies as well as independent and world cinema. Vaskar graduated with a BA (Hons) in English which focused on the Classics, Medieval, Shakespearean and Ancient Literature. He also has a keen interest in Photography, History, Technology, Theology, Poetry, Ballet, Art, riding his Vespa and eating Gelato. Vaskar is also the Creative Director for TheStyleColumn - a portal for showcasing talented new fashion designers as well as covering global fashion weeks. Find out more about Vaskar on his blog or follow him on twitter.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Fitness First launches BEAT Concept Club and Training Style
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA