Christopher Nolan Season at the BFI
If you marvel at the Dark Knight saga not because it’s about Batman but how it was executed in the safe and creative hands of its director then you will love what BFI London have in store for you. This July, the centre will host a season of Christopher Nolan films from Following at the BFI Southbank to The Dark Knight Rises at BFI IMAX. Celebrating the genius at work, the BFI will showcase some of the most genre busting movies from the past decade from Nolan’s big launch with Memento to taking the director’s chair in Batman Begins where he’s emulated his protagonist and became more than just a man – he became a living legend.
This would be a great opportunity to see The Dark Knight again on an IMAX screen where it truly deserves to be experienced; relive the opening bank robbery, the flipping truck set piece, the emergence of the Bat-pod and that brief glimpse of car pornography when the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 filled the entire IMAX screen and roared its V12 engine. Nolan really knows how to get us men (and probably some women) reach for our tissues. Booking for the Southbank season will open 5th June for its BFI members. 12th June for non-members. Sale date for when the TDKR has yet to be released but sign up to their mailing list here to know just when that will be.
Third The Dark Knight Rises Trailer
CULT HUB’s Top 10 Must See Summer Movies
Titan Books to create The Dark Knight Rises novel
The Dark Knight Rises Lego Trailer
The Dark Knight Rises: Prologue – Review
Anne Hathaway rides the Batpod as Selina Kyle
Vaskar S. Kayastha is Cult Hub’s contributing film writer focusing on blockbuster movies as well as independent and world cinema. Vaskar graduated with a BA (Hons) in English which focused on the Classics, Medieval, Shakespearean and Ancient Literature. He also has a keen interest in Photography, History, Technology, Theology, Poetry, Ballet, Art, riding his Vespa and eating Gelato. Vaskar is also the Creative Director for TheStyleColumn - a portal for showcasing talented new fashion designers as well as covering global fashion weeks. Find out more about Vaskar on his blog or follow him on twitter.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 1 of 3 LEFT BEHIND DVD's Starring Nicholas Cage
- ALL HAIL KING JULIEN the Madagascar Spin-off is Netflix's Dreamworks Christmas Star
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands
- Guardians of the galaxy Trailer
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Movie Action Figures Repainted by Artist are Frighteningly Realistic
- Main Page
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- U.S. and World Competition and NEXT Films Announced for 2015 SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL