ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
I’ll be honest – I’m pretty fed up with the endless horror remakes which are being churned out. Whilst some of them have been entertaining enough, the idea of redoing classic movies just smacks of laziness to me. But darn it, I have to admit that I’m really quite excited about the upcoming remake of cult 80s slasher flick ‘Maniac’ – all the more because the full trailer has just dropped online.
The movie, which will screen during this year’s Cannes Festival, stars Elijah Wood as Frank Zito, a reclusive collector of mannequins who just so happens to have a predilection for collecting women’s scalps. This truly lends new meaning to the saying “keep your wig on”!
What makes Franck Khalfoun’s film a particularly interesting proposition is the fact that, with the exception of a few sequences, it’s shot entirely from the protagonist’s point of view. Think The Prodigy’s ‘Smack My Bitch Up’ video with extra sleaze and buckets of blood. It’s also worth noting that the remake has been co-written by Alexandre Aja, who’s helmed a string of successful horror retreads including ‘The Hills Have Eyes’ and ‘Piranha 3D’.
Check out the (NSFW) trailer below to get a taste of Elijah Wood in full-on creepy mode. Suffice it to say that Frodo is a long way away from The Shire now!
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Top Tips on Reviving and Protecting Winter Skin
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- Edgar Wright Interview: The World's End
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway