ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
I’ll be honest – I’m pretty fed up with the endless horror remakes which are being churned out. Whilst some of them have been entertaining enough, the idea of redoing classic movies just smacks of laziness to me. But darn it, I have to admit that I’m really quite excited about the upcoming remake of cult 80s slasher flick ‘Maniac’ – all the more because the full trailer has just dropped online.
The movie, which will screen during this year’s Cannes Festival, stars Elijah Wood as Frank Zito, a reclusive collector of mannequins who just so happens to have a predilection for collecting women’s scalps. This truly lends new meaning to the saying “keep your wig on”!
What makes Franck Khalfoun’s film a particularly interesting proposition is the fact that, with the exception of a few sequences, it’s shot entirely from the protagonist’s point of view. Think The Prodigy’s ‘Smack My Bitch Up’ video with extra sleaze and buckets of blood. It’s also worth noting that the remake has been co-written by Alexandre Aja, who’s helmed a string of successful horror retreads including ‘The Hills Have Eyes’ and ‘Piranha 3D’.
Check out the (NSFW) trailer below to get a taste of Elijah Wood in full-on creepy mode. Suffice it to say that Frodo is a long way away from The Shire now!
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 1000 Londoners: A Groundbreaking New Documentary Series
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Brit's Asian Stars Show Up To Support Bollywood on Netflix
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Review
- From Dusk till Dawn is becoming a Netflix Original!
- Jena Malone Offered Role of Johanna Mason in 'Catching Fire'
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone