Handbag Disco – Stars Donate in Support of Just For Kids Law Charity
The Vauxhall Art Car Boot Fair takes place on Sunday 27th May and is where artists including the likes of Tracey Emin, Sir Peter Blake, Mat Collishaw and Polly Morgan sell limited edition works of art from the back of their car boots.
This year they’ve introduced the Handbag Disco in support of Just for Kids Law charity. A £10 ticket will get you into the 70′s style disco where Guests dance around handbags which will all be wrapped up. Hidden among the wrapped bags will be a selection of coveted designer bags. When the music stops, everybody grabs a bag to see what they’ve won. And even if you don’t win one of the celebrity donated handbags, there will be a bag for each disco-dancer so no one will leave empty handed.
The celebrities that have donated so far include Victoria Beckham, Tilda Swinton, Lily Allen, Alesha Dixon, Balenciaga, Matches, Daisy Lowe, Pearl Lowe, Sophie Dahl, Serena Rees, Liberty Ross, Mary Charteris, Lulu Guinness, Jasmine Guinness, Natasha Law, Barbara Hulanicki, Emma Hope, Andrew Logan, Maia Norman, Jack French London, Siobhan Fahey, Anna Primrose Hill, Martha Lane Fox, Lisa Moorish, Allison Pearson, Dinny Hall & Lucy Birley.
The above bags have been donated by (Clockwise) Vivienne Westwood, Sophie Dahl’s D&G, Serena Rees’ Marc Jacobs, Andrew Logan customised clutch, Tilda Swinton’s Prada, Lulu Guinness and Balenciaga.
Money raised from the Handbag Disco will go to the Just For Kids Law charity who provide support, advice and representation to young people who find themselves in difficulty.
Handbag Disco at the Vauxhall Art Car Boot Fair
Sunday 27th May 2012
12 – 6pm
Brick Lane Yard, Corner of Brick Lane and Buxton Street, London E1
Tickets to Handbag Disco – £10
Tickets into the Fair cost £3 – available on the door.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- Object of Desire? Chanel showcases their largest Bag to date...
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA