HEADS UP! GRISLY FRIGHTFEST ARTWORK REVEALED
The countdown to this year’s edition of the UK’s biggest and best horror movie festival, Film 4 FrightFest, has well and truly begun today with the unveiling of some seriously gnarly poster artwork.
2012 marks the 13th year for FrightFest, so it’s entirely fitting that the artwork should pay homage to that icon of horror himself, Jason Vorhees, the hockey-masked villain of the ‘Friday the 13th’ franchise. The poster is the work of illustrator Graham Humphreys and designer Paul Johnstone, the former having produced a number of iconic horror movie artworks for classics such as ‘The Evil Dead’ and ‘Santa Sangre’.
Any self-respecting genre fan would be well advised to keep their August bank holiday weekend free to squeeze in all the weird and wonderful movies that FrightFest has to offer, kicking off on August 23 and winding up on August 27.
Stay tuned as this year’s opening and closing night films will be announced on Friday June 8 and the full-line up on Friday June 29.
by Ewan Cant
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- MALEFICENT new full length trailer released
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Hypoxi Vacuum Therapy - Tried and Tested
- Innocent Inspires Entrepreneurial-ism Seminar Key Takeaways
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience - Winners Announced
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone