‘Kill List’ Director Ben Wheatley Unveils First ‘Sightseers’ Clip
Director Ben Wheatley, who made a huge impact last year with his brutal sophomore effort ‘Kill List’, has posted the very first clip of his forthcoming ‘Sightseers’ over at his official blog. Wheatley’s latest effort, which will premiere at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, has been billed as a “pitch black comedy” and “a bizarre journey through some of Britain’s most offbeat tourist destinations”.
Not much is given away in this first clip but it does strongly emphasise the comedy aspect of the film, suggesting that ‘Sightseers’ will be a more light-hearted affair than ‘Kill List’ – which is, quite frankly, not a difficult feat. Having said that, with Wheatley at the helm, we can be sure that ‘Sightseers’ isn’t going to be a picnic either!
Here’s the official synopsis to whet your appetite:
“Chris (Steve Oram) wants to show Tina (Alice Lowe) his world and he wants to do it his way – on a journey through this sceptred isle in his beloved Abbey Oxford Caravan. Tina’s led a sheltered life and there are things that Chris needs her to see – the Crich Tramway Museum, the Ribblehead Viaduct, the Keswick Pencil Museum and the rolling countryside that separates these wonders in his life.
But it doesn’t take long for the dream to fade. Litterbugs, noisy teenagers and pre-booked caravan sites, not to mention Tina’s meddling mother, soon conspire to shatter Chris’s dreams and send him, and anyone who rubs him up the wrong way, over a very jagged edge…”
View the preview clip right here:
by Ewan Cant
Sign up for our mailing list.
Death should be a once in a lifetime experience…
Top Posts & Pages
- Sponsored: Johnnie Walker Blue Label Presents Jude Law in The Gentleman's Wager
- Main Page
- WIN a Limited Edition BLACK SAILS Hip Flask
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- Bloom Makes the Misfit Shine the Prettiest Wearable Tech
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced
- Courvoisier Whisking Spontaneous Londoners to Paris on Friday