Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby Trailer
Visionary director Baz Luhrmann returns to the big screen after a four year hiatus from his not so visionary feature Australia. Taking on the American classic novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby is a tale of an aspiring writer who is drawn to the decadent lifestyle led by the enigmatic Jay Gatsby however not all is what is seems as the prohibition on alcohol in 1920s New York meant people were bootlegging liquor at a price. And that price sometimes cost their lives.
Renowned for incorporating a feast of visuals into a single shot and returning to his Moulin Rouge roots, Luhrmann brings 1920s New York to life in spectacular technicolour using Art Deco as his primary visual source and adapting his actors around it. And boy, it’s an impressive cast which include Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Jason Clarke, Isla Fisher and Indian cinema icon Amitabh Bachchan .
Highlights from the trailer includes the panning shot of the house party inside Gatsby’s mansion, classic cars driving through the streets of CGI New York and everybody… literally everybody looking the best they’ve ever been. The Great Gatsby charms his way in super-fine 3D to these shores on Boxing day.
Vaskar S. Kayastha is Cult Hub’s contributing film writer focusing on blockbuster movies as well as independent and world cinema. Vaskar graduated with a BA (Hons) in English which focused on the Classics, Medieval, Shakespearean and Ancient Literature. He also has a keen interest in Photography, History, Technology, Theology, Poetry, Ballet, Art, riding his Vespa and eating Gelato. Vaskar is also the Creative Director for TheStyleColumn - a portal for showcasing talented new fashion designers as well as covering global fashion weeks. Find out more about Vaskar on his blog or follow him on twitter.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Death should be a once in a lifetime experience…
Top Posts & Pages
- Sponsored: Johnnie Walker Blue Label Presents Jude Law in The Gentleman's Wager
- Main Page
- WIN a Limited Edition BLACK SAILS Hip Flask
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- Bloom Makes the Misfit Shine the Prettiest Wearable Tech
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced
- Courvoisier Whisking Spontaneous Londoners to Paris on Friday