Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On June 17, 2012
Bombay Sapphire is on the hunt for the world’s most imaginative filmmakers launching the ‘Imagination Series’ global film experience in collaboration with oscar-winning screenwriter Geoffrey Fletcher and Tribeca Film Festival.
The gin brand’s ‘Imagination Series’ has so far involved a Book Slam and a Rebel Dining Society. This time around Bombay Sapphire are scaling up the the ambitious project and are offering five budding filmmakers the chance to make their own short film with imagination at it’s heart.
Geoffrey Fletcher, who won an Oscar for his screenplay adaptation for Precious, was at the London launch event to introduce his specially commissioned script that forms the basis of the short films. He came up with the script on “the subway system” proving that inspiration really can strike you anywhere. Commenting on his role on The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series and the script he wrote, he said “The power of the imagination is endless, which is why I’ve developed a script that can be interpreted in a kaleidoscope of ways. The short script is stripped of details like character description and locations. It leaves room for filmmakers to interpret parts of the story as they wish. The characters can be human or otherwise [as long as they're over the age of 25]. The locations can be of this earth or elsewhere. The types of filmmaking can be live action, anumation, drawings or whatever form best expresses their concept.”
Filmmakers can download the script at www.imaginationseries.com and submit their imaginative interpretation through words and images. Entries to the competition close on August 1st 2012. All entries will be looked at several times before being shortlisted for the five winners to be selected by a judging panel which includes Geoffrey Fletcher and representatives from the Tribecca Film Institute. They will select five winners from a shortlist of entries in September. Entries can be submitted in any language, they will be translated into English for the panel to read.
All the entries are judged “blindly” and as anyone can enter it means your entry might be competing with a big shot in the film industry. However, don’t think you don’t stand a fighting chance as the only thing that counts in this competition is imagination.
Bombay Sapphire are in the process of confirming the production companies who will help the five winners make their short film come to life and with a production budget of up to £50k per film and a competition that could potentially see a winner anywhere in the world, they’re only looking at the best companies who have a global reach. So far they have Ridley Scott’s RSA Films on board and another two companies in talks. The five winners’ films will be screened at exclusive international screenings in early 2013 in the winners’ home countries.
Alongside the competition, Bombay Sapphire will be holding a series of ‘Learn How to be a Film Director’ interactive workshops in July at the recently opened Bombay Sapphire Blue Rooms at Zenna Bar in London. Guests will be given tips on directing and producing a short film and will be given the opportunity to enjoy the specially created Bombay Sapphire Cocktails and nibble on canapés throughout the evening. The first two worskshops will take place on Monday 16th July and 18th July from 6pm-8.30pm at London’s Zenna Bar (77 Dean St, Soho) priced at £15 per person. Reservations through firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7437 2525.
The competition is free to enter and you have to be over the age of 21. For more details on the competition, script and how to enter visit www.imaginationseries.com
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Top Tips on Reviving and Protecting Winter Skin
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Main Page
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- Dreamworks Makes Jack Frost Cool in Rise of the Guardians Trailer
- Grey Goose to Open Pop Up Boulangerie François in Soho
- Boadwalk Empire Bringing Back 20's Style
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway