Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced
Well, well… It looks like those fine folk at Film4 FrightFest have gone and done it again. Today is truly an exciting day for horror fans everywhere as the full line up for this year’s Film4 FrightFest the 13th has just been announced.
We’re accustomed to the UK’s biggest and best horror festival getting more epic in scale each year, but this year’s event is truly set to raise the bar with a record 48 films, new third screen and 15 world premieres. Whilst the line up reads like a veritable cornucopia of goreiffic genre goodness, there are a few titles that immediately stand out as ones not to miss.
First there’s the Elijah Wood-starring remake of 80s cult flick ‘Maniac’, which shakes up the somewhat stale slasher formula by having the entire movie (with the exception of a few sequences) shot from the killer’s POV. For those of you who didn’t have the pleasure of catching the film at this year’s Cannes festival (nope, me neither), this is the next best thing – and you don’t have get all dressed up for it!
Alongside ‘Maniac’, other tantalising titles to be announced include the much talked about anthology ‘V/H/S’ and the Sam Raimi-produced ‘The Possession’. Let’s also not forget the previous announcement that the Film4 FrightFest the 13th line up will be bookended by two Brit horror flicks – with Paul Hyett’s ‘The Seasoning House’ opening the fest and James Nunn and Ronnie Thompson’s ‘Tower Block’ serving as the closer.
As usual of course it’s not just English-language fare that horror fans will be treated to – Film4 FrightFest the 13th will be paying host to a plethora of international talent with titles such as ‘REC 3: Genesis’ (Spain) and ‘Dead Sushi’ (Japan).
Add to that the news that the festival, which runs from Thurs 23 August to Monday 27 August, has scored as a guest the Italian Master of Horror himself, Dario Argento, and you’ve got yourself an absolute corker of a Bank holiday weekend.
Take it from us – this is one horror fest you don’t want to miss out on!
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 1000 Londoners: A Groundbreaking New Documentary Series
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Brit's Asian Stars Show Up To Support Bollywood on Netflix
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Review
- From Dusk till Dawn is becoming a Netflix Original!
- Jena Malone Offered Role of Johanna Mason in 'Catching Fire'
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone