Frightfest to Stage Two World Premieres for Opening and Closing Night
Film4 FrightFest has announced The 13th FrightFest opening and closing night films and excitingly they’ll be world premieres.
On the opening night, Paul Hyett’s claustrophobic, psychological horror, The Seasoning House will open this year’s festival on Thursday 23rd August. Starring Sean Pertwee, Kevin Howarth and Rosie Day, this hard-hitting exploration of war-time sexploitation, set in a Balkan brothel, marks special-effects guru Hyett’s directorial debut.
Closing the festival will be the world premiere of Lionsgate’s The Tower Block. Directed by James Nunn and Ronnie Thompson, the film has been called a stunning suspense shocker. Trapped on the top floor of their run down East End home, a disparate group of neighbours are being targeted by a mystery sniper. This taut gripper stars Sheridan Smith, Jack O’Connell and Russell Tovey.
“Both films are works of quality, sensitivity and bloody-minded bravado and the directors deserve to follow in the footsteps of such other talents we have promoted early in their careers, Christopher Nolan, Neil Marshall, Chris Smith and James Watkins”. – Film4 FrightFest Co-director Alan Jones
The premiere’s don’t stop there, among some of the films in the line up for the festival include the UK premiere of [REC]³ Génesis, director Paco Plaza presents a second sequel in the Spanish zombie franchise.
Dubbed “the Woodstock of Gore” by director Guillermo Del Toro, Film4 FrightFest is the UK’s biggest genre film festival and this year it will run from Thursday 23 August to Monday 27 August at the Empire Cinema, Leicester Square. The full line up will be announced on 29th June so stay tuned and you’ll be able to buy festival & day passes from 30 June. Tickets for Individual films are on sale from 28th July.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Top Tips on Reviving and Protecting Winter Skin
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Edgar Wright Interview: The World's End
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway