Looper shoots its third trailer
Here are the following correct actions to take upon watching this trailer. Scream “Hell yeah!” followed by punching the air with your fist. ‘Cos frankly, if this doesn’t get you excited then you need to check your blood pressure levels.
Peeling away the enigmatic premise initially set from the second trailer, this third serving from writer/director Rian Johnson ups the special effects by a notch opening to a dystopian future where the furniture just levitates. That is just pure cool!
There’s also more dialogue between Jordon Gordon-Levitt’s character and Bruce Willis’ - and it’s amazing to see how the naive, younger version seems rather cocky to the been-there-done-that adult version. Willis, while clearly transported from the future to be killed by Gordon-Levitt, has escaped JGL’s termination spot and is out to kill the Rainmaker (possibly played by Jeff Daniels) – the man responsible for the entire Looper business – before he came up with the whole thing. Intrigued? Of course you are. And why shouldn’t you be since there’s loads of guns, flying bullets, a dash of sex, stylistic sci-fi action – and John McClane. It’s the perfect movie cocktail.
The film also starts Paul Dano, Piper Perabo and Garret Dillahunt. Looper will open on September 28th in the UK. Time travelling to the premier is optional.
Vaskar S. Kayastha is Cult Hub’s contributing film writer focusing on blockbuster movies as well as independent and world cinema. Vaskar graduated with a BA (Hons) in English which focused on the Classics, Medieval, Shakespearean and Ancient Literature. He also has a keen interest in Photography, History, Technology, Theology, Poetry, Ballet, Art, riding his Vespa and eating Gelato. Vaskar is also the Creative Director for TheStyleColumn - a portal for showcasing talented new fashion designers as well as covering global fashion weeks. Find out more about Vaskar on his blog or follow him on twitter.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- From Dusk till Dawn is becoming a Netflix Original!
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012
- Champneys Energising Lime Range - Make Mine a Mojito
- Crystal Rivers Interview - A Rising Star
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone