Philip Seymour Hoffman Offered Part in ‘Hunger Games’ Sequel Catching Fire
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On June 12, 2012
The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire is expected to move very quickly because of the tight time frame the studio have challenged the production with.
Reported in Deadline, that Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman has been officially offered the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, the character who in the second book becomes ‘Head Gamemaker’. It seems strange that such an Oscar winning actor should turn up in a franchise based on a young adult novel, but I guess it proves the books have wide spread appeal.
Hoffman’s character Plutarch Heavensbee returns in the third book entitled Mockinjay as a propaganda filmmaker. If he were to accept the role, he’s be replacing actor Wes Bentley who played Heavensbee in the first movie.
Who do you think should play the role? Let us know in the comments section below.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Death should be a once in a lifetime experience…
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN From Dusk Till Dawn Season 1 DVD Boxset!
- Main Page
- WIN a Limited Edition BLACK SAILS Hip Flask
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- WIN Donovan's Echo Download starring Danny Glover
- Kate Cassidy Shows her Dark Side in THE SCRIBBLER Trailer
- Designers Dress Dogs up for Catwalk in Aid of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
- Sponsored: Johnnie Walker Blue Label Presents Jude Law in The Gentleman's Wager
- First Image of Angelina Jolie in Maleficent