Philip Seymour Hoffman Offered Part in ‘Hunger Games’ Sequel Catching Fire
The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire is expected to move very quickly because of the tight time frame the studio have challenged the production with.
Reported in Deadline, that Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman has been officially offered the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, the character who in the second book becomes ‘Head Gamemaker’. It seems strange that such an Oscar winning actor should turn up in a franchise based on a young adult novel, but I guess it proves the books have wide spread appeal.
Hoffman’s character Plutarch Heavensbee returns in the third book entitled Mockinjay as a propaganda filmmaker. If he were to accept the role, he’s be replacing actor Wes Bentley who played Heavensbee in the first movie.
Who do you think should play the role? Let us know in the comments section below.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Kneel before the latest MAN OF STEEL trailer!
- WIN a One Piece: Collection 1 Anime DVD
- WIN Supernatural: The Anime Series DVD Boxset
- Raindance Film Festival 2012 - Indebted
- Main Page
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer