Philip Seymour Hoffman Offered Part in ‘Hunger Games’ Sequel Catching Fire
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On June 12, 2012
The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire is expected to move very quickly because of the tight time frame the studio have challenged the production with.
Reported in Deadline, that Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman has been officially offered the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, the character who in the second book becomes ‘Head Gamemaker’. It seems strange that such an Oscar winning actor should turn up in a franchise based on a young adult novel, but I guess it proves the books have wide spread appeal.
Hoffman’s character Plutarch Heavensbee returns in the third book entitled Mockinjay as a propaganda filmmaker. If he were to accept the role, he’s be replacing actor Wes Bentley who played Heavensbee in the first movie.
Who do you think should play the role? Let us know in the comments section below.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- MALEFICENT new full length trailer released
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Hypoxi Vacuum Therapy - Tried and Tested
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Innocent Inspires Entrepreneurial-ism Seminar Key Takeaways
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience - Winners Announced
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone