Philip Seymour Hoffman Offered Part in ‘Hunger Games’ Sequel Catching Fire
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On June 12, 2012
The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire is expected to move very quickly because of the tight time frame the studio have challenged the production with.
Reported in Deadline, that Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman has been officially offered the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, the character who in the second book becomes ‘Head Gamemaker’. It seems strange that such an Oscar winning actor should turn up in a franchise based on a young adult novel, but I guess it proves the books have wide spread appeal.
Hoffman’s character Plutarch Heavensbee returns in the third book entitled Mockinjay as a propaganda filmmaker. If he were to accept the role, he’s be replacing actor Wes Bentley who played Heavensbee in the first movie.
Who do you think should play the role? Let us know in the comments section below.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 1 of 3 LEFT BEHIND DVD's Starring Nicholas Cage
- DMC is BEYOND MAGIC on National Geographic Channel
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- ALL HAIL KING JULIEN the Madagascar Spin-off is Netflix's Dreamworks Christmas Star
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands
- Black Sea - Jude Law Stars in Submarine Thriller