Philip Seymour Hoffman Offered Part in ‘Hunger Games’ Sequel Catching Fire
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On June 12, 2012
The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire is expected to move very quickly because of the tight time frame the studio have challenged the production with.
Reported in Deadline, that Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman has been officially offered the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, the character who in the second book becomes ‘Head Gamemaker’. It seems strange that such an Oscar winning actor should turn up in a franchise based on a young adult novel, but I guess it proves the books have wide spread appeal.
Hoffman’s character Plutarch Heavensbee returns in the third book entitled Mockinjay as a propaganda filmmaker. If he were to accept the role, he’s be replacing actor Wes Bentley who played Heavensbee in the first movie.
Who do you think should play the role? Let us know in the comments section below.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 3 Days To Kill on Blu-Ray
- Main Page
- WIN Grand Piano Starring Elijah Wood on DVD
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- WIN Easy Money III: Life Deluxe on Blu-ray
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?
- Review: Guardians of the Galaxy
- First Image of Angelina Jolie in Maleficent