SoundWorks Featurette of Behind the Sound of Pixar’s ‘Brave’
Soundworks have been behind some big names in film such as John Carter, The Hunger Games and Prometheus. The company were also responsible for creating the magic sounds in Disney Pixar’s Brave. Brave is the first movie ever to use the Dolby Atmos sound format, more info on that in this very lengthy white paper.
This wonderful featurette gives us the front row seat to the behind the scenes life of sound on the film. Soundworks had their work cut out for them, unlike live action movies there’s no sound captured whilst shooting.
“Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. In “Brave,” a new tale joins the lore when the courageous Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts.”
This SoundWorks Collection sound profile talks with Director Mark Andrews, Re-recording Mixer and Sound Designer Gary Rydstrom, Supervising Sound Editor Gwen Yates Whittle, and Sound Designer E.J. Holowicki. Brave’s voice cast features Kelly Macdonald, Julie Walters, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson, Robbie Coltrane and John Ratzenberger.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 1 of 3 LEFT BEHIND DVD's Starring Nicholas Cage
- DMC is BEYOND MAGIC on National Geographic Channel
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- WIN The Guest on DVD
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Main Page
- Movie Action Figures Repainted by Artist are Frighteningly Realistic
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton