SoundWorks Featurette of Behind the Sound of Pixar’s ‘Brave’
Soundworks have been behind some big names in film such as John Carter, The Hunger Games and Prometheus. The company were also responsible for creating the magic sounds in Disney Pixar’s Brave. Brave is the first movie ever to use the Dolby Atmos sound format, more info on that in this very lengthy white paper.
This wonderful featurette gives us the front row seat to the behind the scenes life of sound on the film. Soundworks had their work cut out for them, unlike live action movies there’s no sound captured whilst shooting.
“Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. In “Brave,” a new tale joins the lore when the courageous Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts.”
This SoundWorks Collection sound profile talks with Director Mark Andrews, Re-recording Mixer and Sound Designer Gary Rydstrom, Supervising Sound Editor Gwen Yates Whittle, and Sound Designer E.J. Holowicki. Brave’s voice cast features Kelly Macdonald, Julie Walters, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson, Robbie Coltrane and John Ratzenberger.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 3 Days To Kill on Blu-Ray
- WIN Grand Piano Starring Elijah Wood on DVD
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- 49 Delicious Breakfast Recipes Released by Yakult
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Main Page
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- Sponsored: Green Works creates a Muddy Puppy Catwalk Flashmob
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton