SoundWorks Featurette of Behind the Sound of Pixar’s ‘Brave’
Soundworks have been behind some big names in film such as John Carter, The Hunger Games and Prometheus. The company were also responsible for creating the magic sounds in Disney Pixar’s Brave. Brave is the first movie ever to use the Dolby Atmos sound format, more info on that in this very lengthy white paper.
This wonderful featurette gives us the front row seat to the behind the scenes life of sound on the film. Soundworks had their work cut out for them, unlike live action movies there’s no sound captured whilst shooting.
“Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. In “Brave,” a new tale joins the lore when the courageous Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts.”
This SoundWorks Collection sound profile talks with Director Mark Andrews, Re-recording Mixer and Sound Designer Gary Rydstrom, Supervising Sound Editor Gwen Yates Whittle, and Sound Designer E.J. Holowicki. Brave’s voice cast features Kelly Macdonald, Julie Walters, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson, Robbie Coltrane and John Ratzenberger.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 1000 Londoners: A Groundbreaking New Documentary Series
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Brit's Asian Stars Show Up To Support Bollywood on Netflix
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Review
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012
- From Dusk till Dawn is becoming a Netflix Original!
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone