Total Recall implants a new trailer
After the initial teaser trailer left us wanting more, this new trailer gives us more action, more drama, more tension, more…. boobs!?!?! Colin Farrell has taken on the mighty shoes once worn by Arnold Schwarzenegger to play Doughlas Quaid, a factory worker that aspires to be more than common. So after visiting one those memory implant houses, it triggers his past where he soon discovers he was once a spy fighting against the rebellion in a dystopian future – but now, after meeting rebel fighter Jessica Biel, he might reconsider but his pretend wife, played by Kate Beckinsale, may have something to say about that.
We said before this film needed mega action sequences and high end special effects to not only compete with the big guns this summer but also bring something new from the original classic which once held the record of being the most expensive movie ever made. The set pieces look impressive as if you look closely it partially takes place in London with the newly named Elizabeth Tower and Piccadilly Circus is ruins.
As for the action sequences there’s lots of sliding on floors and the couple bout looks impressive although what is clearly missing is a kick to the crotch and Sharon Stone wearing spandex. The car chase sequence looks intense especially when Biel is able to slide the steering wheel from the drivers side to the passengers (which then technically makes the passenger the driver). There’s also a battle on a lift but Farrell does this with a robot so it’s doubtful the line “See you at the par-tay Richter!” will be recited. Which is a damn shame.
However for the purists, there is a woman with three boobs. Well it wouldn’t be ‘totally’ ridiculous without it. Would it now?
Total Recall - directed by Len Wiseman and also stars Bill Nighy, Bryan Cranston, John Cho, Bokeem Woodbine and Ethan Hawke – will reach this shores comes August 29th.
Don’t forget now will you.
Vaskar S. Kayastha is Cult Hub’s contributing film writer focusing on blockbuster movies as well as independent and world cinema. Vaskar graduated with a BA (Hons) in English which focused on the Classics, Medieval, Shakespearean and Ancient Literature. He also has a keen interest in Photography, History, Technology, Theology, Poetry, Ballet, Art, riding his Vespa and eating Gelato. Vaskar is also the Creative Director for TheStyleColumn - a portal for showcasing talented new fashion designers as well as covering global fashion weeks. Find out more about Vaskar on his blog or follow him on twitter.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- WIN Magi the Labyrinth of Magic on DVD!
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- Main Page
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA