Black Mirror to Return for Second Season
When Channel 4 aired Black Mirror in December 2011, it received critical acclaim and more than a handful of complaints over it’s controvertial and challenging view-point. The drama mini series collected a Golden Rose Award for the first series of films and achieved an extremely high 2.1mVoD views within a week of transmission.
Channel 4 have announced that Black Mirror will be returning in 2013 with three new hour long episodes. Being Penned by Charlie Brooker and produced by Zeppotron, filming is due to start this August.
Channel 4′s head of comedy, Shane Allen said: “British drama seems particularly obsessed with murder and the past, often together. Black Mirror is a rare modern look at where society and individuals could be headed given the all-pervasive deluge of social media and technology.” He also compared Charlie Brooker to the likes of Dennis Potter and Chris Morris saying he “exudes that same pioneering spirit of with their daring, complex, compelling originality.”
Black Mirror’s creator Charlie Brooker said: “Half of the things in the first run of Black Mirror seem to be on the verge of coming true. They’ve got prisoners in Brazilian prisons pedalling on exercise bikes to reduce their sentences (not entirely dissimilar to the episode 15 Million Merits) and Google Glass looks like copyright infringement as far as The Entire History of You is concerned. Thankfully no-one carried out a hideous form of blackmail involving a pig. Anyway, if the stories from the second run start coming true then we’re REALLY in trouble.”
In addition to being aired in the UK, it will also be shown in Australia, Spain, Italy, Israel, Sweden, Belgium and across Central and Eastern Europe.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- World War Z on Audible - Audiobook Review
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 4pm Sweet Food Cravings Explained - Nutritionists Help us Through the Afternoon Dip
- Westfield Invites Shoppers to Time Travel into THE GREAT GATSBY 3D World
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer