Black Mirror to Return for Second Season
When Channel 4 aired Black Mirror in December 2011, it received critical acclaim and more than a handful of complaints over it’s controvertial and challenging view-point. The drama mini series collected a Golden Rose Award for the first series of films and achieved an extremely high 2.1mVoD views within a week of transmission.
Channel 4 have announced that Black Mirror will be returning in 2013 with three new hour long episodes. Being Penned by Charlie Brooker and produced by Zeppotron, filming is due to start this August.
Channel 4′s head of comedy, Shane Allen said: “British drama seems particularly obsessed with murder and the past, often together. Black Mirror is a rare modern look at where society and individuals could be headed given the all-pervasive deluge of social media and technology.” He also compared Charlie Brooker to the likes of Dennis Potter and Chris Morris saying he “exudes that same pioneering spirit of with their daring, complex, compelling originality.”
Black Mirror’s creator Charlie Brooker said: “Half of the things in the first run of Black Mirror seem to be on the verge of coming true. They’ve got prisoners in Brazilian prisons pedalling on exercise bikes to reduce their sentences (not entirely dissimilar to the episode 15 Million Merits) and Google Glass looks like copyright infringement as far as The Entire History of You is concerned. Thankfully no-one carried out a hideous form of blackmail involving a pig. Anyway, if the stories from the second run start coming true then we’re REALLY in trouble.”
In addition to being aired in the UK, it will also be shown in Australia, Spain, Italy, Israel, Sweden, Belgium and across Central and Eastern Europe.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Top Tips on Reviving and Protecting Winter Skin
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- Edgar Wright Interview: The World's End
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway