Jena Malone Offered Role of Johanna Mason in ‘Catching Fire’
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On July 4, 2012
After days of speculation, the actress chosen to play Johanna Mason in the Hunger Games sequel ‘Catching Fire’ has been revealed. The coveted role has gone to Jena Malone, who’s previous credits include Sucker Punch.
The negotiations are still in the early stages but Jena Malone has been offered the part beating off stiff competition from Mia Wasikowska and model/suprise shortlistee and acting newbie Zoe Aggeliki.
Johanna Mason, a female victor from a past Games still in her early twenties, is one of the youngest, but also one of the most psychologically scarred Hunger Games participants.
The key role will be reprised in the third installment of the trilogy, Mockingjay. The character of the snide, sarcastic Johanna Mason, hails from District 7 and participates in the 75th Annual Hunger Games. She is mostly known for pretending to be weak to trick other tributes into underestimating her and for meeting Katniss and Peeta in an elevator completely naked.
Filming is due to start late-September and will be directed by Francis Lawrence.
*** update 24th July 2012***
Jena Malone has signed on the dotted line and has been confirmed as Johanna Mason. More info on casting at www.catchingfirecasting.com
Sign up for our mailing list.
Death should be a once in a lifetime experience…
Top Posts & Pages
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- WIN SUSPECTS Series 1 on DVD
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands
- Official trailer for Derren Brown Infamous released
- 4pm Sweet Food Cravings Explained - Nutritionists Help us Through the Afternoon Dip