Jena Malone Offered Role of Johanna Mason in ‘Catching Fire’
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On July 4, 2012
After days of speculation, the actress chosen to play Johanna Mason in the Hunger Games sequel ‘Catching Fire’ has been revealed. The coveted role has gone to Jena Malone, who’s previous credits include Sucker Punch.
The negotiations are still in the early stages but Jena Malone has been offered the part beating off stiff competition from Mia Wasikowska and model/suprise shortlistee and acting newbie Zoe Aggeliki.
Johanna Mason, a female victor from a past Games still in her early twenties, is one of the youngest, but also one of the most psychologically scarred Hunger Games participants.
The key role will be reprised in the third installment of the trilogy, Mockingjay. The character of the snide, sarcastic Johanna Mason, hails from District 7 and participates in the 75th Annual Hunger Games. She is mostly known for pretending to be weak to trick other tributes into underestimating her and for meeting Katniss and Peeta in an elevator completely naked.
Filming is due to start late-September and will be directed by Francis Lawrence.
*** update 24th July 2012***
Jena Malone has signed on the dotted line and has been confirmed as Johanna Mason. More info on casting at www.catchingfirecasting.com
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 1 of 3 LEFT BEHIND DVD's Starring Nicholas Cage
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands
- ALL HAIL KING JULIEN the Madagascar Spin-off is Netflix's Dreamworks Christmas Star
- Sponsored Video: 7up Yarn Bombs a London Bus
- Movie Action Figures Repainted by Artist are Frighteningly Realistic
- Main Page
- WIN 1 of 3 Iron Sky: Dictator's Cut