Newly Divorced Katie Holmes Lands Broadway Role
It seems Katie Holmes has found renewed ambition since announcing her divorce from Tom Cruise, her next move and first major acting project for a while? Broadway. Katie will star in Theresa Rebeck’s “Dead Accounts,” a five-character comedy comedy that ”tackles the timely issues of corporate greed, small town values and whether or not your family will always welcome you back.” to be directed by three-time Tony Award winner Jack O’Brien.
The story centers on a son who returns to his family’s home in Cincinnati flush with money, which raises red flags for his sister, who is living with their elderly parents. Holmes will play the sister role.
Everyone was intreagued to see what Katie did with her new found independence, whether it would be a big budget movie, a small indie or more TV. She’s decided to prove herself as a credible actress by jumping in the deep end with an 8 shows a week Broadway run. This won’t be her first appearance on the boards. Her last appearance on Broadway was in 2008, a production of “All My Sons” which had mixed reviews.
Holmes first came to stardom in teen soap “Dawson’s Creek,” and had roles in films “The Ice Storm” and ”Wonder Boys.” After dating Cruise she took a three year break from the business, although she had a lead role in “Batman Begins” in 2005, she pulled out of “The Dark Knight” and was replaced by Maggie Gylenhall.”
Dead Accounts will open in the Autumn at the Music Box Theatre. Specific dates and other casting news are still to be announced.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- WIN Magi the Labyrinth of Magic on DVD!
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Main Page
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- Sponsored Post: Three New Things to be championed by Virgin Media Business
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA