Newly Divorced Katie Holmes Lands Broadway Role
It seems Katie Holmes has found renewed ambition since announcing her divorce from Tom Cruise, her next move and first major acting project for a while? Broadway. Katie will star in Theresa Rebeck’s “Dead Accounts,” a five-character comedy comedy that “tackles the timely issues of corporate greed, small town values and whether or not your family will always welcome you back.” to be directed by three-time Tony Award winner Jack O’Brien.
The story centers on a son who returns to his family’s home in Cincinnati flush with money, which raises red flags for his sister, who is living with their elderly parents. Holmes will play the sister role.
Everyone was intreagued to see what Katie did with her new found independence, whether it would be a big budget movie, a small indie or more TV. She’s decided to prove herself as a credible actress by jumping in the deep end with an 8 shows a week Broadway run. This won’t be her first appearance on the boards. Her last appearance on Broadway was in 2008, a production of “All My Sons” which had mixed reviews.
Holmes first came to stardom in teen soap “Dawson’s Creek,” and had roles in films “The Ice Storm” and “Wonder Boys.” After dating Cruise she took a three year break from the business, although she had a lead role in “Batman Begins” in 2005, she pulled out of “The Dark Knight” and was replaced by Maggie Gylenhall.”
Dead Accounts will open in the Autumn at the Music Box Theatre. Specific dates and other casting news are still to be announced.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Death should be a once in a lifetime experience…
Top Posts & Pages
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Main Page
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- WIN a Limited Edition BLACK SAILS Hip Flask
- Official trailer for Derren Brown Infamous released
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- IBFF 2012 Preview - The Buddha
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands
- [Sponsored Video] Jean Claude Van Damme and Coors Light Equals Cute Wildlife