Taken 2 shoots new international trailer
Liam Neeson isn’t really known for his action movies (even though he was in Star Wars and Batman Begins) as he’s more of an actor’s actor. A true gentleman of the art. And has played some amazing roles in the past: Oskar Schindler, Zeus, Hannibal (In the A-Team not Hannibal Lector) and is also the voice of Aslan no less. So it was a surprise when we looked on his IMDB page to find his character name in Taken 2 was called ‘Bad-Ass-Mother-F*****’. No really, it’s on there. Trust us. We know what we’re talking about.
After saving his daughter in Taken from the Albanian human traffickers – their brothers, fathers and a whole heap of angry male relatives take action against the man who caused their deaths. While this second trailer doesn’t truly bring anything new from the first trailer it does however provide snap shots of some pretty cool action sequences contrasted with orchestral music. The story goes that Bad-Ass-Mother-F***** is enjoying what seems to be a family holiday in Istanbul although this time, it’s his ex-wife’s turn to be abducted and Bad-Ass-Mother-F***** is not best pleased because he has to use his specific set of skills again.
In typical Luc Besson style, this European caper is reminiscent of his previous action movies and will probably have to place this under the ‘guilty pleasure’ category. We know the film won’t be that good, compelling nor even relevant – but what we will enjoy seeing is Bad-Ass-Mother-F***** looking for the abductors, Bad-Ass-Mother-F***** finding the abductors and of course Bad-Ass-Mother-F***** killing the abductors.
And when it’s over… the world will be safe again. Not bad for a 60 year old.
Taken 2 stars Liam Neeson, Maggie Grace, Famke Janssen and Rade Serbedzija and will be released October 4th.
Vaskar S. Kayastha is Cult Hub’s contributing film writer focusing on blockbuster movies as well as independent and world cinema. Vaskar graduated with a BA (Hons) in English which focused on the Classics, Medieval, Shakespearean and Ancient Literature. He also has a keen interest in Photography, History, Technology, Theology, Poetry, Ballet, Art, riding his Vespa and eating Gelato. Vaskar is also the Creative Director for TheStyleColumn - a portal for showcasing talented new fashion designers as well as covering global fashion weeks. Find out more about Vaskar on his blog or follow him on twitter.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Review
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Gambit Holds it's World Premiere in London (Pics)
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Batman Begins: The Dark Knight Trilogy Review
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier Review
- Raindance Film Festival - Heavy Girls (2012) Review
- Watch Sarah Silverman's Failed Comedy Pilot for SUSAN 313
- THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY Aircraft Touches Down at Heathrow
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone