Watch the Major London 2012 Olympics Events in Vue Cinemas for Free
Those generous folk at Vue cinemas are going to be broadcasting selected events on their screens so you can cheer on your country with other folk….all for free.
Between 27th July and 12th August you can experience the London 2012 Olympics in ‘Breatht4king Sony 4K’ quality…which means no more squinting at the TV screen to figure out who’s winning! Who doesn’t want to catch all the action from the Games, with crystal clear images and surround sound quality, in real-time on a giant screen?!
Comfier than being in the pub, much cheaper than buying a ticket to actually be at the events. Here’s what’s happening and how to get yourselves free tickets:
Opening Ceremony – 27th July
Don’t miss a second of the show everyone’s been talking about – the London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony – live and completely free at your local Vue.
Start your celebration of the greatest sports event of the summer in style, up close and personal on the big-screen – with Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle in charge, a best of British soundtrack and an 80,000 strong crowd, this is one world-class event you’ll want to be part of!
Synchronized Diving – 30th July
Don’t miss young homegrown star, Tom Daley, represent the nation live at our free real-time screenings of the Olympics Synchronized diving event.
And with only eight teams left to compete in this straight Final, it really is all to dive for on 30th July!
Evening Coverage – 4th August
Make a date with the Women’s Heptathlon Final, streamed live and direct from the Olympics stadium to a Vue near you on 4th August.
Join the British team’s poster girl, Jessica Ennis, as she tackles the hurdles, high jump, 200m and more in her personal bid to make the nation proud!
Evening Coverage – 5th August
Catch a nail-biting selection of our favorite Olympics Finals in live evening coverage on 5th August.
From the record-breaking Men’s 100m to real-time Tennis Finals, there’s a treat in store for every type of sports fan at Vue – plus, enjoy exclusive extended all-day coverage if Andy Murray stays in with a winning chance!
Evening Coverage – 9th August
Enjoy live world-class Athletics in the comfort of your local Vue on 9th August and find out first if Usain Bolt can smash another track record as he takes on the Men’s 200m Final!
Plus, catch the Triple Jump Final and more in our Olympic-packed evening agenda.
Evening Coverage – 10th August
Track fans are in for a real treat at our live Olympics Athletics screenings on 10th August.
Kick-off your evening with the Men’s 4x400m Relay – always a breathtaking race to the finish line – followed by the Women’s 1500m Final, guaranteed to keep you on your toes!
All Day Coverage – 11th August
Get closer to the best of the Olympics Finals action at Vue, live on 11th August.
From Diving and Hockey to Football and Gymnastics Finals, our fantastic big-screen selection means it’s easy to make a day of it, whatever your favorite event.
All Day Coverage – 12th August
See the Olympic winners over the finish line live at Vue with our all-day real-time screenings of the Men’s Marathon on 12th August.
Plus, cheer on both the Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Volleyball teams as they go for gold in the Finals!
Closing Ceremony – 12th August
Wave a fond farewell to the ultimate summer sports event at our special screenings of the London 2012 Olympic Closing Ceremony.
With James Bond composer, David Arnold, and Lady Gaga’s costume designer in charge, there’s sure to be plenty of spectacular surprises in store – catch it live for one night only on 12th August.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- WIN Magi the Labyrinth of Magic on DVD!
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- Main Page
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Sponsored Post: Three New Things to be championed by Virgin Media Business
- The V&A Proudly Presents... Hollywood Costume
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA