Bad Manners at Cinemas to be Targeted by ‘Ninja Task Force’ in Morphsuits
Yes, you actually read that correctly. The Prince Charles cinema has teamed up with Morphsuits and a team of volunteer Cinema Ninjas poised to put an end to bad behaviour.
Morphsuits are basically top to toe lycra that the wearer can breath, drink and see through but you can’t see them. These ninjas have been instructed to catch culprits of misconduct in the stalls. They’ll be putting a stop to bad cinema etiquette and tomfoolery such as popcorn throwing, feet on seats and the use of mobile phones during films.
One wrongdoer who was caught by the anonymous vigilantes, Abdul Stagg, commented:
“I normally hate noisy people in cinemas, but I got a call from my friend just as the movie started and thought I could get away with taking it. The last thing I expected was two completely blacked-out people suddenly appearing by our seats and give me and my mates a warning to shut up. It was actually pretty terrifying at first, but then I realised it was a bit of a laugh and a great way to make it clear what I was doing was having an impact on those around me. It certainly made me hang up and shut up for the rest of the film.”
The volunteers will get to see the movies they ‘guard’ for free, although they will have to spend it watching the audience and in costume, lurking in the darkest corners of the cinema.
“The ‘Cinema Ninjas’ may sound ludicrous, but they have been a real success in clamping down on those ruining films for everyone else with inconsiderate behaviour. Like every cinema, we were irritated and upset by the minority of people running films for everyone else. When Morphsuits got in touch with us and suggested the Ninja idea, I thought it was a stroke of genius. We recruited some of our diehard fans, who get to watch the movies for free, and we haven’t looked back since.” - Head of PR for The Prince Charles Cinema, Paul Vickery
Morphsuits are offering the suits to cinemas around the country, so you could be seeing them in a cinema near you soon.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Main Page
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- National Geographic - COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey's Impressive Trailer
- Jena Malone Offered Role of Johanna Mason in 'Catching Fire'
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA