[Sponsored Post] Adidas Don’t Want Team GB to Stop…Being on Our Screens
So now the Olympics is over and you’ve just got used to seeing well toned atheletes on your TV, what are you going to look at instead? While most of the world gets sports withdrawl symptoms, Olympic sponsors and outfitters Adidas created this music video which captures the spirit of the London games. Team GB finished third in the medals table after USA and China, having win a total of 65 medals (29 Gold, 17 Silvers and 19 Bronze), making it Britain’s most successful Olympics since 1908.
Featuring some of Team GB’s biggest stars, the clip stars Sir Chris Hoy, Jessica Ennis, Victoria Pendleton, Louis Smith, Pete Reed, boxing champion Nicola Adams and triathlon stars Alistair and Jonny Brownlee all miming to Queen’s ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’. Made in 48hrs and filmed entirely at the Westfield (or ‘Stratfield’) shopping centre and even featured a cameo appearance from David Beckham, as The Director, who has been the face of Adidas’ #takethestage campaign throughout the Olympics. Now that the stage has been taken, Adidas have swapped their campaign hash tag to #stagetaken and are running giveaways on twitter. You can join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #stagetaken
Although the video has gone viral and was warmly received almost everywhere, Adidas did have a bit of an ‘oops’ moment when it surfaced that the Paralympians used the same song in a video they made a few months earlier that they were keeping under wraps. There must be something in the air!
The Stella McCartney designed Adidas clothed Olympians can be seen in the sponsored video above. If you’re still having withdrawl symptoms after that, the Paralympics starts in less than two weeks time.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- The V&A Proudly Presents... Hollywood Costume
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Main Page
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- Boadwalk Empire Bringing Back 20's Style
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway