[Sponsored Post] Adidas Don’t Want Team GB to Stop…Being on Our Screens
So now the Olympics is over and you’ve just got used to seeing well toned atheletes on your TV, what are you going to look at instead? While most of the world gets sports withdrawl symptoms, Olympic sponsors and outfitters Adidas created this music video which captures the spirit of the London games. Team GB finished third in the medals table after USA and China, having win a total of 65 medals (29 Gold, 17 Silvers and 19 Bronze), making it Britain’s most successful Olympics since 1908.
Featuring some of Team GB’s biggest stars, the clip stars Sir Chris Hoy, Jessica Ennis, Victoria Pendleton, Louis Smith, Pete Reed, boxing champion Nicola Adams and triathlon stars Alistair and Jonny Brownlee all miming to Queen’s ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’. Made in 48hrs and filmed entirely at the Westfield (or ‘Stratfield’) shopping centre and even featured a cameo appearance from David Beckham, as The Director, who has been the face of Adidas’ #takethestage campaign throughout the Olympics. Now that the stage has been taken, Adidas have swapped their campaign hash tag to #stagetaken and are running giveaways on twitter. You can join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #stagetaken
Although the video has gone viral and was warmly received almost everywhere, Adidas did have a bit of an ‘oops’ moment when it surfaced that the Paralympians used the same song in a video they made a few months earlier that they were keeping under wraps. There must be something in the air!
The Stella McCartney designed Adidas clothed Olympians can be seen in the sponsored video above. If you’re still having withdrawl symptoms after that, the Paralympics starts in less than two weeks time.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- Fitness First launches BEAT Concept Club and Training Style
- WIN Magi the Labyrinth of Magic on DVD!
- Movie Action Figures Repainted by Artist are Frighteningly Realistic
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA