[Sponsored Post] Adidas Don’t Want Team GB to Stop…Being on Our Screens
So now the Olympics is over and you’ve just got used to seeing well toned atheletes on your TV, what are you going to look at instead? While most of the world gets sports withdrawl symptoms, Olympic sponsors and outfitters Adidas created this music video which captures the spirit of the London games. Team GB finished third in the medals table after USA and China, having win a total of 65 medals (29 Gold, 17 Silvers and 19 Bronze), making it Britain’s most successful Olympics since 1908.
Featuring some of Team GB’s biggest stars, the clip stars Sir Chris Hoy, Jessica Ennis, Victoria Pendleton, Louis Smith, Pete Reed, boxing champion Nicola Adams and triathlon stars Alistair and Jonny Brownlee all miming to Queen’s ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’. Made in 48hrs and filmed entirely at the Westfield (or ‘Stratfield’) shopping centre and even featured a cameo appearance from David Beckham, as The Director, who has been the face of Adidas’ #takethestage campaign throughout the Olympics. Now that the stage has been taken, Adidas have swapped their campaign hash tag to #stagetaken and are running giveaways on twitter. You can join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #stagetaken
Although the video has gone viral and was warmly received almost everywhere, Adidas did have a bit of an ‘oops’ moment when it surfaced that the Paralympians used the same song in a video they made a few months earlier that they were keeping under wraps. There must be something in the air!
The Stella McCartney designed Adidas clothed Olympians can be seen in the sponsored video above. If you’re still having withdrawl symptoms after that, the Paralympics starts in less than two weeks time.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Death should be a once in a lifetime experience…
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN a Limited Edition BLACK SAILS Hip Flask
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- WIN SUSPECTS Series 1 on DVD
- Main Page
- Kate Cassidy Shows her Dark Side in THE SCRIBBLER Trailer
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands