Mark Fast London Fashion Week Spring Summer 2013 Collection – ‘Fast’ Styling the Runway
With his unique take on knitwear fashion, Mark Fast continues to make his stand as being one of today’s most innovative and influential designers. This London Fashion Week saw eager followers of the Canadian born designer, flocking to get a first look at his Spring Summer 2013 Collection – titled “BROKE” designed with the strong influence of ‘Hot Parisian nights and broken hearts’, in the midst of boisterous thumping hip hop beats.
Executing an excellence of bright hues, in mix with an array of rustic style accessories, made this Collection one of Fast’s most sought after to date. Exploring the nature of soft texture, in keeping with the sensuality of the female form, an element Fast is continuously celebrated for in his designs.
From panelled minis’ to tight hugging knits, the elegance of fringe enthused capes in an explosive myriad of fabric combinations – Fast embodied the elements of Parisian glamour, perfectly. Expressing the fierce mood of the collection with a palate of lilac, mint, sizzling raspberry and siren red throughout the show.
Fast who studied at Central St Martins College and had previously worked with designers such as Bora Aksu, has been renowned for incorporating edgy, quirky elements in his fashion showcases – his SS13 collection displayed just that, by forming bright enthused curly wigs on each of his runway models, encapsulating a sultry, confident look to each of his masterpieces.
In awe of his much creditted design and individual take on ‘the modern woman’ Fast has continued to grow as a designer, in parallel to his vision and opinion on womens’ fashion. His unique skill in blending lycra with the finest luxury wools, has resulted in a wave of popularity amongst his now, global following, as well as numerous industry insiders.
This show, as so many previous, left an admiration amongst all attendees. Fast’s signature skill of impressing the ‘glamourous meets fearless’ factor, left his audience captivated and yearning for more.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- Fitness First launches BEAT Concept Club and Training Style
- WIN Magi the Labyrinth of Magic on DVD!
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA