Mark Fast London Fashion Week Spring Summer 2013 Collection – ‘Fast’ Styling the Runway
With his unique take on knitwear fashion, Mark Fast continues to make his stand as being one of today’s most innovative and influential designers. This London Fashion Week saw eager followers of the Canadian born designer, flocking to get a first look at his Spring Summer 2013 Collection – titled “BROKE” designed with the strong influence of ‘Hot Parisian nights and broken hearts’, in the midst of boisterous thumping hip hop beats.
Executing an excellence of bright hues, in mix with an array of rustic style accessories, made this Collection one of Fast’s most sought after to date. Exploring the nature of soft texture, in keeping with the sensuality of the female form, an element Fast is continuously celebrated for in his designs.
From panelled minis’ to tight hugging knits, the elegance of fringe enthused capes in an explosive myriad of fabric combinations – Fast embodied the elements of Parisian glamour, perfectly. Expressing the fierce mood of the collection with a palate of lilac, mint, sizzling raspberry and siren red throughout the show.
Fast who studied at Central St Martins College and had previously worked with designers such as Bora Aksu, has been renowned for incorporating edgy, quirky elements in his fashion showcases – his SS13 collection displayed just that, by forming bright enthused curly wigs on each of his runway models, encapsulating a sultry, confident look to each of his masterpieces.
In awe of his much creditted design and individual take on ‘the modern woman’ Fast has continued to grow as a designer, in parallel to his vision and opinion on womens’ fashion. His unique skill in blending lycra with the finest luxury wools, has resulted in a wave of popularity amongst his now, global following, as well as numerous industry insiders.
This show, as so many previous, left an admiration amongst all attendees. Fast’s signature skill of impressing the ‘glamourous meets fearless’ factor, left his audience captivated and yearning for more.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Edgar Wright Interview: The World's End
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- Top Tips on Reviving and Protecting Winter Skin
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway