Mark Fast London Fashion Week Spring Summer 2013 Collection – ‘Fast’ Styling the Runway
With his unique take on knitwear fashion, Mark Fast continues to make his stand as being one of today’s most innovative and influential designers. This London Fashion Week saw eager followers of the Canadian born designer, flocking to get a first look at his Spring Summer 2013 Collection – titled “BROKE” designed with the strong influence of ‘Hot Parisian nights and broken hearts’, in the midst of boisterous thumping hip hop beats.
Executing an excellence of bright hues, in mix with an array of rustic style accessories, made this Collection one of Fast’s most sought after to date. Exploring the nature of soft texture, in keeping with the sensuality of the female form, an element Fast is continuously celebrated for in his designs.
From panelled minis’ to tight hugging knits, the elegance of fringe enthused capes in an explosive myriad of fabric combinations – Fast embodied the elements of Parisian glamour, perfectly. Expressing the fierce mood of the collection with a palate of lilac, mint, sizzling raspberry and siren red throughout the show.
Fast who studied at Central St Martins College and had previously worked with designers such as Bora Aksu, has been renowned for incorporating edgy, quirky elements in his fashion showcases – his SS13 collection displayed just that, by forming bright enthused curly wigs on each of his runway models, encapsulating a sultry, confident look to each of his masterpieces.
In awe of his much creditted design and individual take on ‘the modern woman’ Fast has continued to grow as a designer, in parallel to his vision and opinion on womens’ fashion. His unique skill in blending lycra with the finest luxury wools, has resulted in a wave of popularity amongst his now, global following, as well as numerous industry insiders.
This show, as so many previous, left an admiration amongst all attendees. Fast’s signature skill of impressing the ‘glamourous meets fearless’ factor, left his audience captivated and yearning for more.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- WIN Supernatural: The Anime Series DVD Boxset
- Main Page
- Kneel before the latest MAN OF STEEL trailer!
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- WIN a One Piece: Collection 1 Anime DVD
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer