Updating your Wardobe – Your Fashion Editor’s Guide to Keeping it ‘Fresh’ this Autumn/Winter
So the summer sunshine has somehow paved it’s way to different climates, and the winter is upon us – fear not, Autumn and Winter make way for a bright, cosy and wonderful array of eye catching apparel.
This season focusses on a specatacle of blockbuster trend in mix wardrobe tweaks, beauty tips and an uplifting party mood. Here are your Fashion Editor’s top tips for Style this Autumn Winter – From the return of glamour and glitter, to clothes you will never get lost in.
Belt it Up.
One trend that stands out for this season is the belt-cinched waist. Perfectly accompanied with your fur coat for the Winter. The most practical but fun element to this trend is the fact that it can easily be acquired! Involving less effort outside of buying a belt or digging one out of your already, fabulous wardrobe.
Burberry’s bow belt adds that little bit more character – as weall love those quirky little signature elements in our style.
What better way to celebrate this beautiful season than to present some illustrative flavour to your wardrobe – The Owl symbol has played happy to an array of summer tees and continues to be embellished in a variety of knitwear and autumn, winter dresses. Burberry Prorsum presented an impressive collection of bead designed Owl prints on a multitude of heavy knits earlier this year – illustrating an authentic, homespun look.
The Signature Jumper
Here it comes – the Autumn/Winter ‘Hero’ piece – the most eye catching piece for your wardrobe has to be the multi hue Jumper. Get into the Trend game this season and aquire yourself one of these casual day to evening beauties. To qualify this trend, it’s simple. Your knits need to incorporate a substantial stitch or some kind of eye catching detail. For Catwalk inspiration, take a look at the splendid collection by Johnathan Saunders and Pringle of Scotland. Signature Jumper, approved!
Glitter that Pout
Our continuing celebration of all things vibrant and 80′s proceeds forward this season with a touch of pucker sparkle. What better way to compliment this coming season with that much warranted need for vibrance and dazzle than to execute a generous amount of lip decor.Fear not, this look was not only triumphant for Spring/Summer – in keeping with the trend of glitter in knits, this look will be at it’s most popular this season. Who said sparkle was just for the catwalk?
If you’re feeling brave, get the full glitter-lip look, as seen at Kinder Aggugini, with a temporary lip tattoo from violentlips.com
Dip to ‘Dye’ For
That’s right, gone are the days of meticulous one tone colour hair – From the ‘withering heights’ of Kate Bush and the continued love for 80′s style comes the rock and roll style of dip dyed hair. A great trend style for this season – think warm brunette meets the rustic, raw colour of autumn leaves or lilac blonde meets orange glow. Dip dying is in full play this season, and as always, out designer counterparts showcased this look at a variety of Runway shows this year. Most notably Pringle of Scotland’s hair stylist Paul Hanlon, dip dyed all the models’ locks in hues that contrasted the collection, beautifully. This is a simple yet effective look, that can enhance your style with minimal effort.
Being one of this year’s most sought after trends, this season sees a continued admiration for printed dresses. Aztec took our fashion world by storm earlier in 2012, with our global catwalk’s presenting a range of muti print embodied shift, paisley, skater and chiffon inspired dresses. This season we see a myriad of floral, geometric and map designed prints on a range of shirts, midi’s, chino’s, jeans and leggings. In play with sheer chiffon shirts in pastel colours, this is a perfect way to create that much aquired seasonal look of ‘loud meets minimal’ – so chic.
Rock those Jewels
This season is ALL about being rough and raw, with texture and surface being of poignant importance. In perfect balance with the ‘earthy’ raw meets vibrant style of the season, why not embrace the natural landscape of hidden treasure and celebrate the earth’s bounty from below the crust!
The Bigger the Better – Keep the more minimal, understated pieces from your jewellery box under wraps for now, instead, steer your style focus on oversized jewellery; eye catching geometric shaped earrings and geometric shaped heavy neck pieces. Rings with ‘stand out’ appeal - celebrating the beauty and infectious look of precious metal.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- IRON SKY to Take On Earth for a Second Time in Dictator's Cut
- Owls In Danger This Christmas From Spring Freeze
- Celebrate the Festive Season with Heal’s In-store Events
- Edgar Wright Interview: The World's End
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience...
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway