Designers Dress Dogs up for Catwalk in Aid of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
The dogs at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home are being turned into the star attendees at a star studded charity event on November 8th. Clad in custom made haute couture, the dogs modelling at Dogwalk will be wearing designs by some of fashion’s biggest names including Stella McCartney, Mulberry, Philip Treacy, Matthew Williamson, Julien Macdonald, Jeremy Hackett and Faberge. The dogs will be sporting exclusive dog coats and accessories which will be auctioned off in aid of the charity. Battersea’s first Ambassador, international supermodel David Gandy, will lead the canine fashion pack at the event and stylist Hilary Alexander will present the designs at the Collars & Coats Gala Ball on Thursday 8th November at Battersea Evolution.
Amazingly, the pet grooming industry is worth a staggering £2 billion with 3000 independent retailers in the UK. People really love their pets, but there are some animals that aren’t lucky enough to have the love and attention of a loving family, so Battersea Cats & Dogs home are hoping to raise some funds so that more animals can be re-homed into loving familys.
Battersea Dogs & Cats Home is officially the new stop on the fashion circuit, so prepare for Westies in Westwood, Dachshunds in Deacon, and Staffies in Stella. The world’s top designers are swapping the catwalk for the dogwalk for one night only to help unwanted and abandoned dogs stride out in spectacular style for a truly unforgettable and never been seen before fashion event.
After previewing their new season collections, fashion’s biggest names are preparing to dress the canine residents of the world-famous animal refuge by designing exclusive dog coats and accessories which will be auctioned off in aid of the charity. At the Collars & Coats Gala Ball on Thursday 8 November 2012, the sleek, the shaggy, and the wet nosed will swap their Battersea kennels for the dogwalk to model world exclusive canine couture by a stellar list of fashion designers. The first glimpse of these incredible creations is hotly anticipated and guests at the event will have the first opportunity to bid on the one-off pieces of fashion history.
Designing dog coats and canine accessories for Battersea are:
Giles Deacon, Ben De Lisi, Faberge, Jeremy Hackett, Henry Holland, Stephen Jones, Derek Lawlor, Julien Macdonald, Stella McCartney, Mulberry, Jenny Packham, Gareth Pugh, Trevor Pickett, Zandra Rhodes, Philip Treacy, Matthew Williamson, and Vivienne Westwood.
The event is bound to be star studded and music on the night will be performed by Jazz musician Jamie Cullum. Model David Gandy will be presenting the couture clad canines alongside leading fashion journalist and stylist Hilary Alexander. Battersea’s star-studded Collars & Coats Gala Ball is now in its fourth year and this year’s spectacular event will be hosted by Paul O’ Grady MBE and Amanda Holden. The evening is definitely for people with money to give as the tables start at £3,500.
Collars & Coats Gala Ball, Thursday 8th November, www.collarsandcoats.org.uk. Every ticket brought will help give thousands of dogs and cats a second chance in life. Booking line 020 7627 9309.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- WIN Supernatural: The Anime Series DVD Boxset
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- Main Page
- World War Z on Audible - Audiobook Review
- WIN a One Piece: Collection 1 Anime DVD
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Raindance Film Festival 2012 - Indebted
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer