Valentines Day Is When You Should Die Hard
The tone of Christmas movies changed when the first Die Hard movie was released back in 1988 but one thing has remained the same – never getting tired of seeing Bruce Willis kick ass as John McLane. Back for a fifth installment next Valentines day, A Good Day To Die Hard will follow John McClane travel to Moscow to save his son John McClane Jr. (Jai Courtney) going to jail after being arrested. What they don’t realise is that they’ve disturbed a terrorist plot and life just doesn’t get any easier when you’re being marked by the Russian mob.
The premise is a simple one, which is good considering all you need is a healthy dose of guns, explosions, ridiculous action sequences, cheesy on-liners and the words Yippee-ka-yay-mother-fu**** being uttered before the prime villain goes down in style. And Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony has never sounded so good!
This teaser trailer is only a minute long with most of the action montage taking place in the last 30 seconds or so but what it delivers looks very tantalising indeed. We don’t get much father-son action but that may expand in later trailers.
So, will February 14th 2013 be a good day? Well it’s certainly a great date movie as Willis will go head to head with Sylvester Stallone’s Bullet to the Head and Arnold Schwarzenegger’s The Last Stand both of which will be released weeks of each other. While all three action stars were seen together in Expendables 2, 2013 will allow them all to flex their muscles in their stand-alone movies. We. Can’t. Wait.
A Good Day To Die Hard opens in the UK on 14 February 2012.
Vaskar S. Kayastha is Cult Hub’s contributing film writer focusing on blockbuster movies as well as independent and world cinema. Vaskar graduated with a BA (Hons) in English which focused on the Classics, Medieval, Shakespearean and Ancient Literature. He also has a keen interest in Photography, History, Technology, Theology, Poetry, Ballet, Art, riding his Vespa and eating Gelato. Vaskar is also the Creative Director for TheStyleColumn - a portal for showcasing talented new fashion designers as well as covering global fashion weeks. Find out more about Vaskar on his blog or follow him on twitter.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 1000 Londoners: A Groundbreaking New Documentary Series
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- Brit's Asian Stars Show Up To Support Bollywood on Netflix
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Review
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone