Fashion Designer Ashish Gupta Answers All…
Ok so Fashion Week may be gone, but the illustrious design inspiration is set for this season and the season to come. We were lucky enough to grab a quick interview with British Designer, Ashish. His London Fashion Week Show was a fabulous affair of statement making jerseys, dual denim and sequin design masterpieces, with an essential dose of pastel tones.
His designs are both conceptual and cutting edge – setting the standards for the upcoming Spring Summer 2013 Season…
Here’s what Ashish had to say…
CH: What first attracted you to get into fashion?
ASHISH: I cant actually remember wanting to do anything else.I grew up reading Vogue when other kids at school were reading comic books, so I think I was pretty obsessed with it even as a child.
CH: I would describe your designs as being statement making and print enthused, would you agree?
ASHISH: The spring summer 2013 collection has very minimal print and quite a restrained palette, but generally yes, i usually veer towards tons of colour, print and pattern. I love sequins so my clothes usually cant help making a statement!
CH: If you could name three people/places that inspire you, what would they be and why?
ASHISH: London inspires me because its such a mix of different cultures especially with regards to street fashon/ my mother inspires me because she’s always been very stylish, and she has the most incredible energy/ India inspires me because of all the amazing craftsmanship and the beautiful culture.
CH: How would you best describe the ‘Ashish’ Woman?
ASHISH: I think the Ashish woman has a sense of humour, she loves glamour and she has a penchant for sequins, but she also likes to keep it very casual and she believes in easy dressing.
CH: In your opinion, what three elements play crucial in becoming a successful Fashion Designer?
ASHISH: I think you have to have something new/interesting to say , I think you have to be in the right place at the right time, and I think you have to be able to work really really really hard.
CH:Out of all your dazzling collections, which would you refer to as your ‘signature’ piece?
ASHISH: I think it would have to be the sequin bomber jacket because it was the first thing i made that I sold, and I do a version of it every season.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- WIN Magi the Labyrinth of Magic on DVD!
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA