London 2012 Olympics Comes to DVD and Blu-ray
The London Olympics are coming to DVD following the amazing turn out at the games. The DVD is released on the 29th October and features Danny Boyle’s Directors cut of the opening ceremony.
The opening ceremony was just one of the highlights of the games and with hundreds of hours of tension, drama and competition, it’s amazing that the BBC have been able to narrow this down to seven hours of highlights.
Released on the 29th October, the London 2012 Olympic Games DVD collection features Danny Boyle’s re-edited version of the entire Opening Ceremony and a unique audio commentary from director Danny Boyle and writer Frank Cottrell Boyce. This fascinating DVD extra feature offers a truly revealing and inspiring insight into the artistic direction and creative execution of one of the most watched television moments in recent history.
This fantastic five-disc DVD release also offers The London 2012 Closing Ceremony in full and over seven hours of sporting highlights presented by Sue Barker and featuring the BBC’s unrivalled commentary team. Relive all of Team GB’s electrifying medal-winning victories and watch again intense sporting action from The London 2012 Olympic Games; from the first gold medal-winning performances by rowers Helen Glover and Heather Stanning to the imperious time trial by Bradley Wiggins. Who can forget thrilling moments such as Michael Phelps’ record 19th Olympic medal, Katherine Grainger’s long awaited gold, Andy Murray’s emotional victory, Usain Bolt’s 100m Olympic title or the amazing ‘Super Saturday’ when Ennis, Farah and Rutherford all won track and field gold medals in the space of a few glorious hours of each other.
The London 2012 Olympic Games DVD also includes over half an hour of London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony extra features including:
Director’s Commentary from Danny Boyle
In this specially-edited version of the Opening Ceremony and in an additional feature, Danny Boyle and writer Frank Cottrell Boyce reveal for the first time their full ambition and the creative execution behind the Opening Ceremony.
*Viewers can also opt to watch The Opening Ceremony in 5:1 sound without any additional commentary.
The London Symphony Orchestra’s Performance of Elgar’s Nimrod
The sound of the shipping forecast and billowing blue sheets create “an isle of wonder”, to the stirring sound of Elgar’s Nimrod, as played by the London Symphony Orchestra’s On Track project.
Isles of Wonder Deconstructed
Discover how the visual effects team created a thrilling animated journey up the river from its source, to the Olympic Stadium itself – passing sights real and imaginary.
Frank Turner in the Green and Pleasant Land
Frank Turner’s acoustic songs performed in the stadium perfectly captured the atmosphere of a long summer evening.
Thanks Tim Projection House
This ambitious section celebrates the amazing technology that makes us dance, helps us communicate, commute, remember, and dream and most of all fall in love.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- The V&A Proudly Presents... Hollywood Costume
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Biggest Fitness Trend 2014 Prediction - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- Edgar Wright Interview: The World's End
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway