[Sponsored Post] Salty Dog Nuts – They’re Real and You Can Snack on Them
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On October 17, 2012
Salty Dog Nuts. There is finally a product that makes use of that age old pun. You know the one, don’t pretend you don’t. The makers of this novelly named product didn’t even create it on purpose, the founder of the Salty Dog company, Dave Wills, used to be a delivery driver. One day Dave decided he could make better crisps than the ones he was delivering and so formed the Salty Dog crisp company in 2002. The name ‘Salty Dog’ is a tribute to Dave’s loveable terrier and cabin buddy, ‘Ruby’.
Salty Dog Nuts are extreamly nibbly, come in a range of flavours and are now available to buy in Tesco. They come in Salted Peanuts, Salted Cashews, Chili Peanuts, Dry Roasted Peanuts and Honey Roasted Peanuts. Now you don’t even have to visit the pub to buy them as the new line is now available in Tesco so you can snack on them at home.
I was lucky enough to try the range so that I could share my thoughts. Most of us know what peanuts taste like so what I didn’t expect was for all the different flavours to taste so wildly different. The nuts come in really tough, classy little black packets. The salted peanuts taste just as you would expect, so you know what you’re getting, no surprises which is a good thing. The salted cashews are a nice change to peanuts, they’re not as salty as you would expect and the cashews are soft and have a nice nutty, buttery taste. The dry roasted peanuts have an unexpected and unique flavouring to them; which includes onions, spices and celery; it makes them an unexpected very moorish savoury treat. The chilli peanuts have a super tangy kick, they’re definitely not for wimps and the honey roasted peanuts are a nice sweet change to the savouryness. All the nuts in the Salty Dog nuts range are very moorish, I was going to get my housemates to help me review them all but this isn’t going to happen because I will be eating them all.
You, lucky people, can also be in with the chance of winning an iPhone by visiting the Salty Dog Facebook page and entering their competition. Salty Dog have also made it into the book of ‘Cool Brands’ and you can get free stuff from them by visiting the Salty Dog website where you can also find out about their Crisps, Darling Spuds and Popcorn ranges.
This post is sponsored by Salty Dog but all my thoughts are my own.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- Main Page
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- WIN Magi the Labyrinth of Magic on DVD!
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- Sponsored Post: Three New Things to be championed by Virgin Media Business
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA