The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition
Audiences can experience Disney’s FRANKENWEENIE, directed by acclaimed filmmaker Tim Burton, first hand, as the ‘Art of Frankenweenie’ Exhibition arrives at the Festival Village at South Bank Centre, London TODAY! Hosted by the BFI London Film Festival in partnership with American Express. Frankenweenie opened the 56th BFI London Film Festival on 10th October and is released nationwide by Walt Disney Studios today, 17th October.
The ‘Art of Frankenweenie’ Exhibition, supported by American Express, is free to the public. The Exhibition captures the magic of the filmmaking process and gives audiences an exclusive glimpse into the stop-motion animation process brought to life by visionary filmmaker Tim Burton. From original sketches drawn by Burton, to extensive props, sets and puppets, the exhibition showcases the artistic detail and vision that has gone into bringing this heartwarming tale to the big screen in 2012′s most highly anticipated animated movie. The ‘Art of Frankenweenie’ Exhibition delves into the world of a boy who, inspired by science and the love of his dog, brings his beloved pet back from the dead.
Check out some images from the exhibition below.
Tickets are only available via the BFI Box Office at BFI South Bank, daily between 17th-21st October from 11am until 8pm for that day, with last admissions at 7.30pm. Tickets will be timed at 30 minute intervals. No advance bookings and all admission is free. So you have no excuse not to go!!
Article by Vaskar S. Kayastha
Vaskar S. Kayastha is Cult Hub’s contributing film writer focusing on blockbuster movies as well as independent and world cinema. Vaskar graduated with a BA (Hons) in English which focused on the Classics, Medieval, Shakespearean and Ancient Literature. He also has a keen interest in Photography, History, Technology, Theology, Poetry, Ballet, Art, riding his Vespa and eating Gelato. Vaskar is also the Creative Director for TheStyleColumn - a portal for showcasing talented new fashion designers as well as covering global fashion weeks. Find out more about Vaskar on his blog or follow him on twitter.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- MONSTERS Sequel DARK CONTINENT Teaser Trailer
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA