NOW YOU SEE ME Trailer Glams Up Crook Magicians
Have you ever met a magician in real life? They’re lives are not nearly as glamorous as Hollywood makes out they are. You’ll find them in a room being harrased by middle aged women or small children begging them for another trick. while they lament about the bad day they had to any other adult who’ll listen.
However, for a Hollywood film, Magicians are perfect fodder as they can pull off amazing stunts and no one will blink an eyelid about how they did it.
Planned for release in Summer 2013, Now You See Me has a all star line up Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo, Mélanie Laurent, Dave Franco and what film about magicians would be complete without Michael Caine.
Yahoo Movies has unveiled the first trailer which features some spectacular fottage including a trick or two.
“The Four Horsemen, a magic super-group led by the charismatic ATLAS (Jesse Eisenberg), perform a pair of high-tech magic shows, first astonishing audiences by robbing a bank on another continent, and then exposing a white-collar criminal and funneling his millions into the audience members’ bank accounts.
FBI Special Agent DYLAN (Mark Ruffalo) is determined to make the magicians pay for their crimes—and to stop them before they pull off what promises to be an even more audacious heist. But he’s forced to partner with ALMA (Melanie Laurent), an Interpol detective about whom he is instantly suspicious. Out of desperation he turns to THADDEUS (Morgan Freeman), a famed magic debunker, who claims the bank heist was accomplished using disguises and video trickery. One thing Dylan and Alma agree on is that the Horsemen must have an outside point person, and that finding him (or her) is key to ending the magicians’ crime spree. Could it be Thaddeus? Or Alma? Or could it really be…magic?
As pressure mounts and the world awaits the Horsemen’s spectacular final trick, Dylan and Alma race to find an answer. But it soon becomes painfully clear that staying one step ahead of these masters of illusion is beyond the skills of any one man—or woman.”
With a score by The Chemical Brothers, Louis Leterrier (Clash of the Titans) Directs Now You See Me penned by a handfull of writers including Boaz Yakin (Prince of Persia), Edward Ricourt, Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec (co-writers on Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol), and Ed Solomon (Men in Black). It’s set to be one of the biggest films of 2013.
Now You See Me will appear in theatres on 7th June 2013 in the USA and 21st June in the UK.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Kneel before the latest MAN OF STEEL trailer!
- Main Page
- Raindance Film Festival 2012 - Indebted
- Muse Plan Free London Gig to Coincide with World War Z Premiere
- WIN a One Piece: Collection 1 Anime DVD
- Muse Plan Free London Gig to Coincide with World War Z Premiere | Cult Hub on World War Z on Audible – Audiobook Review
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control