NOW YOU SEE ME Trailer Glams Up Crook Magicians
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On November 18, 2012
Have you ever met a magician in real life? They’re lives are not nearly as glamorous as Hollywood makes out they are. You’ll find them in a room being harrased by middle aged women or small children begging them for another trick. while they lament about the bad day they had to any other adult who’ll listen.
However, for a Hollywood film, Magicians are perfect fodder as they can pull off amazing stunts and no one will blink an eyelid about how they did it.
Planned for release in Summer 2013, Now You See Me has a all star line up Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo, Mélanie Laurent, Dave Franco and what film about magicians would be complete without Michael Caine.
Yahoo Movies has unveiled the first trailer which features some spectacular fottage including a trick or two.
“The Four Horsemen, a magic super-group led by the charismatic ATLAS (Jesse Eisenberg), perform a pair of high-tech magic shows, first astonishing audiences by robbing a bank on another continent, and then exposing a white-collar criminal and funneling his millions into the audience members’ bank accounts.
FBI Special Agent DYLAN (Mark Ruffalo) is determined to make the magicians pay for their crimes—and to stop them before they pull off what promises to be an even more audacious heist. But he’s forced to partner with ALMA (Melanie Laurent), an Interpol detective about whom he is instantly suspicious. Out of desperation he turns to THADDEUS (Morgan Freeman), a famed magic debunker, who claims the bank heist was accomplished using disguises and video trickery. One thing Dylan and Alma agree on is that the Horsemen must have an outside point person, and that finding him (or her) is key to ending the magicians’ crime spree. Could it be Thaddeus? Or Alma? Or could it really be…magic?
As pressure mounts and the world awaits the Horsemen’s spectacular final trick, Dylan and Alma race to find an answer. But it soon becomes painfully clear that staying one step ahead of these masters of illusion is beyond the skills of any one man—or woman.”
With a score by The Chemical Brothers, Louis Leterrier (Clash of the Titans) Directs Now You See Me penned by a handfull of writers including Boaz Yakin (Prince of Persia), Edward Ricourt, Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec (co-writers on Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol), and Ed Solomon (Men in Black). It’s set to be one of the biggest films of 2013.
Now You See Me will appear in theatres on 7th June 2013 in the USA and 21st June in the UK.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- MALEFICENT new full length trailer released
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Hypoxi Vacuum Therapy - Tried and Tested
- Innocent Inspires Entrepreneurial-ism Seminar Key Takeaways
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience - Winners Announced
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone