FREE ENTRY to Kew Gardens during the Festive Season
Online booking opens on 17 December 2012
Even though the leaves are falling off the trees and Winter feels as though it’s truly upon us, the wonderfully beautiful Kew Gardens is offering an extraordinary gift to visitors: free entry for 12 whole days during Christmas.
Simply book your tickets online for free entry during the 12 days of Christmas - 22 December 2012 to 4 January 2013. Online booking opens on 17 December 2012 (www.kew.org).
There are festive delights galore this winter at Kew, so no one needs to stay cooped up indoors. Want to know what’s going on?
Walk off the mince pies with our enchanting winter tree tours, which explore Kew’s beautiful and diverse collection of evergreens and conifers. Bring the kids to meet Santa in his grotto, and then from Boxing Day onwards they can enjoy magical storytelling sessions featuring shadow puppetry. Take a ride on our vintage carousel and then warm up in the Orangery with our delicious seasonal menu, where you can get into the festive spirit with Christmas carols performed by local choirs. Finally, top off a perfect day with a spot of retail therapy at Victoria Plaza, where you can pick up a bargain from 21 December in our up to 50% off sale!
Make sure to catch the acclaimed David Nash: A Natural Gallery exhibition. See his spectacular sculptures nestling in Kew’s wonderful winter landscape. Looking to escape the cold? Then check out his indoor works in the Temperate House, Nash Conservatory, and Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art.
Also, be sure to stop by the Winter Garden, where you can enjoy the heady scents of witch hazels and take a look inside the 18th-century Ice-House. Nearby in the Rock Garden, a wide range of delicate snow drops brave the chilly weather. The frost laced Grass Garden also looks spectacular on a crisp, clear winter’s day. See Holly Walk burst into life, with red berries adorning this historic collection of trees, some of which are over 130 years old.
No visit would be complete without climbing to the top of the Treetop Walkway to enjoy sweeping views across the frosty Gardens and London’s stunning skyline.
9,000 tickets will be available for each day so get booking online at kew.org. Tickets valid between 22 December 2012 and 4 January 2013, Kew Gardens are closed on 24 and 25 December
• Contact: 020 8332 5655 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.kew.org
• Closing times: Mon 10 Dec 2012 to Fri 1 Feb 2013 – gates close at 4:15pm (last entry to the Gardens, the Glasshouses, Galleries and the Xstrata Treetop Walkway is 30 minutes before closing)
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- WIN Supernatural: The Anime Series DVD Boxset
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Main Page
- Raindance Film Festival - Heavy Girls (2012) Review
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer