Bloom.fm Provides the Soundtrack for your Workout
Bloom.fm provides iPhone users with a soundtrack to their workout.
Bloom.fm is an app that combines free radio stations, on-demand streaming and music discovery. If that wasn’t enough, they are helping users embrace the ‘New Year, New You’ challenge, by providing fitness enthusiasts (or not as the case might be) with some auditory treats to get you in the mood.
Bloom.fm’s in-house musicologists have compiled what they consider to be the definitive soundtrack for your workout. With four radios to choose from; ‘Alt Gym’, ‘Yoga’, ‘Running’ and ‘Workout’, the app’s designed to make the dreaded health–kick will be that little bit easier.
Apparently 60% of gym memberships go unused after the January fitness fad phase, so having an extra kick of motivation can make all the difference. Bloom.fm has specially tailored playlists so you can’t procrastinate by updating your tracklists anymore!
“What better way to help people shake off their Yule time indulgence than by providing gym goers with the perfect selection of tunes for their workout. We hope Bloom.fm’s gym radios will make it easy for people to stay on track with their new year’s resolutions. Music is a key motivational factor in exercise, and the relentless generic techno blasted out over the gym airwaves is all too often an interference rather than inspiration.” – Alex Blanchflower , Bloom.fm’s Musicologist
Here’s a little bit of science for you… music has the capacity to energise and increase endurance by enhancing your mood, and focusing on your favourite song combats demotivating brain signals associated with fatigue. The right tunes can be a great aid for those of us who still need a little encouragement to get ourselves moving.
So pretty, so cute, love the flowers, the little bumble bees and the simplicity.
More info about Bloom.fm
- A free app with a library of over 16 million tracks, legally licensed from leading major and independent record labels.
- Enjoy your favourite music with over 150 free genre based radio stations, covering all tastes from Pop to Metal, and free ‘related artist’ radios.
- A unique ‘borrow, enjoy, return’ system with flexible bolt-on subscriptions that let users download and store music on their phone to play whenever and wherever they want, on and offline.
- Intuitive and stuffed with beautiful design touches that make it a joy to use. Apple fans will especially appreciate the nod to the classic iPod scroller in Bloom.fm’s Radio Wheel.
- A trademarked discovery interface with a clever algorithm effortlessly introduces you to artists you’ll love.
- No fuss – borrow albums with one tap. Your library is automatically organized and you can create your own playlists.
- Seamlessly integrates with your existing iTunes library, keeping all your music in one place and making it easy to find more of the music you like.
- Easily share what you’re listening to on Facebook and Twitter or send tracks directly to Bloom.fm users by email, GPS and QR code.
Bloom.fm can be downloaded free from the App Store here: www.bloom.fm/iphone
For a limited time, everyone who installs the app will be given a free upgrade to Bloom.fm’s premium service which lets you borrow songs to your phone to play whenever you want, even when you’re offline.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- Teaser Trailer Round Up - Disney's Frozen, 300: Rise of an Empire, Diana
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Main Page
- Man of Steel: Film Review
- Poirot Returns to ITV with Elephants Can Remember
- WIN 1 of 3 DVD's of HICK Starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Eddie Redmayne
- Boardwalk Empire Season 2 gets a Blu-ray & DVD Release
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Muse Plan Free London Gig to Coincide with World War Z Premiere | Cult Hub on World War Z on Audible – Audiobook Review
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control